[Misc] Over 36 and not been vaccinated yet? [Aged 36 and over - see post 193]

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
As I say its personal choice currently

And not sure how you come to the conclusion that I am undoing the work of others. I have stuck to the guidelines throughout. Seen my son for about 3 hours in 1 year total. No one is more eager to get back to the daily life. COVID wont go away with vaccinations but they help. We will learn to deal with it like we do the flu !

I'm sorry if you don't agree but that's life. Its my body and if I don't want a jab yet no one will make me feel guilty. If you want to have a go at someone go pick any one else that has not stuck to the rules but just remember not everyone will get the vaccine anyway U18 etc. Do they also all need to give their heads a wobble?

Potentially the most selfish post I've ever read on NSC. You get vaccinated for others, not just yourself. If everyone had your attitude we'd be locked down 24/7.

I've just had the Astra Zenica at the Brighton Centre. Brilliantly run operation staffed by great people who are meeting hundreds or thousands a day and to do a fairly repetitive job to protect the vulnerable and get the country back to normal. Totally painless and in and out within 20 minutes.

I had Covid last year. Covid was a bit worse than that.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Posters like Juliant are a good argument for having Covid passports. They'd soon change their selfish minds when they can't go into pubs, shops, airports, trains, taxi's, gyms, cinemas, theatres, gigs, football matches etc. And as the poster said, they would get a vaccine so they can return to the travelling they enjoy so much. Just not to save anyone else's life or get us out of Lockdown. Nice.

juliant

Apr 4, 2011
Northamptonshire
Potentially the most selfish post I've ever read on NSC. You get vaccinated for others, not just yourself. If everyone had your attitude we'd be locked down 24/7.

I've just had the Astra Zenica at the Brighton Centre. Brilliantly run operation staffed by great people who are meeting hundreds or thousands a day and to do a fairly repetitive job to protect the vulnerable and get the country back to normal. Totally painless and in and out within 20 minutes.

I had Covid last year. Covid was a bit worse than that.

Im happy you have been jabbed ! that was your choice........

Selfish ? not in my eyes especially when we all know vaccines dont stop you getting it or spreading it.

Sorry if you don't agree but just like the flu jab is optional and recommended for the older or more at risk then I believe covid jabs should be aswell and not mandatory

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

Selfish ? not in my eyes especially when we all know vaccines dont stop you getting it or spreading it.

Sorry if you don't agree but just like the flu jab is optional and recommended for the older or more at risk then I believe covid jabs should be aswell and not mandatory

:nono:
Professor Michaelis and Dr Wass;
This is not only about you. Many in our society have conditions preventing them from developing an effective immune response to vaccination, which makes them highly vulnerable to COVID-19. We do not know the extent to which the COVID-19 vaccines will prevent individuals from being able to transmit the virus. However, since they protect individuals from disease, we can be reasonably sure they reduce the likelihood of disease transmission. Therefore, you will protect others by getting the vaccine.
Vaccinations are show to have a greater effect on a population if the majority of people have undergone it. The more people don’t have the vaccine, the more flare-ups of the disease there will be over time.

Professor Michaelis and Dr Wass run a joint computational/ wet laboratory. Dr Wass is a computational biologist with expertise in structural biology and big data analysis. Prof Michaelis’ research is focused on the identification and investigation of drugs and their mechanisms of action, with a focus on cancer and viruses. With regard to viruses, Prof Michaelis and Dr Wass work on virus-host cell interactions and antiviral drug targets. In the cancer field, they investigate drug resistance in cancer.

But I'm sure you know better.

Last edited:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

I'm not saying they should be mandatory. I'm saying you're selfish if you refuse one without a very good reason. And you don't have a very good reason.

Who can use this service
You can only use this service if any of the following apply:

you are aged 50 or over

So it says this .... Does it let you book as a mid 40 something if you proceed?

Yes, it's done this a fair while now, the information on the site lags actually reality by a few days

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
I we all know vaccines dont stop you getting it or spreading it.

Really? What is your source for that ('the internet'?)

Because the available evidence overwhelmingly says that they do.

Not 100% but enough to make a huge difference to the risk you pose to others when out and about, as lockdown lifts.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

"The lockdowns haven't really affected me that much as I work from home anyway. Covid on the other hand has f*****d this year up completely. Moved in January to a new house with a baby on the way. Tripled the mortgage and in March got told I'm on minus 25% wages knowing the wife was also going on mat leave. We have however coped well with lack of money and managed to save a bit due to not going out for meals etc but its the mental pressure that has got to me. Lack of seeing family due to being 150 miles away from Sussex. Have seen my 18year old lad 3 times this year. I ended up at the quacks a few months ago with severe depression. I think its covid, lack of family contact, baby blues it just got too much for me and i have had some very dark days.

However, I am lucky that I still have my health, a beautiful baby girl, and an amazing wife that has literally been my rock. As far as I'm concerned 2020 can do one and although 2021 seems to be much of the same with vaccines around the corner its looking a bit more rosy

So hang on in there people, keep the faith !"

A post of yours from end of 2020. Why have you changed your mind? Or is it that you are happy to let everyone else get the vaccine so you can get out of Lockdown but don't want the hassle of actually going and getting it yourself?

juliant

Apr 4, 2011
Northamptonshire
Really? What is your source for that ('the internet'?)

Because the available evidence overwhelmingly says that they do.

Not 100% but enough to make a huge difference to the risk you pose to others when out and about, as lockdown lifts.

Yep the gov.uk website :

It may take few weeks for your body to build up some protection from the vaccine. Like all medicines, no vaccine is completely effective, so you should continue to take recommended precautions to avoid infection. Some people may still get COVID-19 despite having a vaccination, but this should be less severe.

Please don't think I am anti vax and think covid is a big hoax I know its not ! I just believe it should be optional and not mandatory or forced upon with covid passports etc. You dont need a flu passport to get on with daily life so why should you need a covid one.

Sorry if you don't agree

juliant

Apr 4, 2011
Northamptonshire
"The lockdowns haven't really affected me that much as I work from home anyway. Covid on the other hand has f*****d this year up completely. Moved in January to a new house with a baby on the way. Tripled the mortgage and in March got told I'm on minus 25% wages knowing the wife was also going on mat leave. We have however coped well with lack of money and managed to save a bit due to not going out for meals etc but its the mental pressure that has got to me. Lack of seeing family due to being 150 miles away from Sussex. Have seen my 18year old lad 3 times this year. I ended up at the quacks a few months ago with severe depression. I think its covid, lack of family contact, baby blues it just got too much for me and i have had some very dark days.

However, I am lucky that I still have my health, a beautiful baby girl, and an amazing wife that has literally been my rock. As far as I'm concerned 2020 can do one and although 2021 seems to be much of the same with vaccines around the corner its looking a bit more rosy

So hang on in there people, keep the faith !"

A post of yours from end of 2020. Why have you changed your mind? Or is it that you are happy to let everyone else get the vaccine so you can get out of Lockdown but don't want the hassle of actually going and getting it yourself?

Im allowed to change my mind. Maybe press reports of side effects have helped that. Maybe in a years time or so I will change it again , who knows but at the end of the day currently ITS MY CHOICE !

As for the hassle of getting a vaccine? I could of driven 10 miles Friday to have one and I decided not to. Hopefully someone else who does want it can do so instead.

Hope you dont mind me asking but what age group are you ? Im generally interested as I see a big difference of opinion in the older generation. My mum is also having a go at me aswell for the same reasons. My wife was also of the same opinion but has now decided to have hers so all is not lost !

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
Yep the gov.uk website :

It may take few weeks for your body to build up some protection from the vaccine. Like all medicines, no vaccine is completely effective, so you should continue to take recommended precautions to avoid infection. Some people may still get COVID-19 despite having a vaccination, but this should be less severe.

Please don't think I am anti vax and think covid is a big hoax I know its not ! I just believe it should be optional and not mandatory or forced upon with covid passports etc. You dont need a flu passport to get on with daily life so why should you need a covid one.

Sorry if you don't agree

There is a big gap between 'not 100% effective' and 'what's the point' no?

If it stops you catching it and spreading it 75% - 85% of the time, then a) it works and b) it's worth doing, to protect others?

Also, if more people get it less severely, then there is less pressure on the NHS, and that also helps protects people with other conditions

Covid passports isn't forcing anything on anyone. It's just a way to ensure that we are able to reopen as much of the economy as possible without risking another wave and another lockdown. Your choice no have the vacine. A pub's choice not to let you in. And as you well know, Covid and flu are very different things. We will indeed learn to live with Covid as we do with Flu. And vaccinations will be a big part of doing that. Probably for the next few years at least.

Personally I wouldn't want covid passports used for any longer than needed. Probably a matter of months, but depends on how things go, International travel is another matter. I have a yellow fever certificate that I need to travel between certain countries. I've never seen that as any kind of infringement on my liberty. Just comon sense.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Im allowed to change my mind. Maybe press reports of side effects have helped that. Maybe in a years time or so I will change it again , who knows but at the end of the day currently ITS MY CHOICE !

As for the hassle of getting a vaccine? I could of driven 10 miles Friday to have one and I decided not to. Hopefully someone else who does want it can do so instead.

Hope you dont mind me asking but what age group are you ? Im generally interested as I see a big difference of opinion in the older generation. My mum is also having a go at me aswell for the same reasons. My wife was also of the same opinion but has now decided to have hers so all is not lost !

A few months ago you thought vaccines were the answer. Now you say they don't work. So you are anti-vax? You seem very confused. Your argument boils down to you being selfish.
Yes, it is your choice 100%. It's a shame you have chosen to be selfish.
Covid passports aren't forcing anything on anyone. As you say; IT'S YOUR CHOICE

You also seem to be trying to make out that vast swathes of young people are against vaccination. This is simply untrue. You are in a tiny, tiny minority.

I'm in my early 40's. What difference that makes I don't know but you generally seem to have some funny ideas so who knows!

If you aren't an anti vaxxer (you clearly are) why not just go and have it? It won't harm you and you may well be saving other people's lives? It's a win/win. Unless you are an anti vaxxer. Which you clearly are.

Last edited:

Aug 13, 2020
Darlington

I'm 28 and I still think your attitude is incredibly selfish.

From a purely objective standpoint, you are at much greater risk from Covid than you are any vaccine side effect. You are also raising the risk of the people around you catching the disease.

It is indeed your choice, just as you can choose to play in the middle of the road.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Has anyone who booked the test had their confirmation email? I booked mine this morning amidst the website crashes and have not received anything.

zefarelly

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Has anyone who booked the test had their confirmation email? I booked mine this morning amidst the website crashes and have not received anything.

I'd suggest, like me, it hasn't happened . . . . . I tried going in to see my booking and it said I'd missed it and book again.

Jimmy Come Lately

Registered Loser
Oct 27, 2011
Hove
I'm 45 (only by a few days, right enough) and it says that I'm not eligible to book. Maybe they've set the validation so that it only works for people who were 45 before some random date earlier in the year. Frustrating.

Stoichkov

The Miserable Bulgarian
Jul 26, 2004
Brighton

I didn't get the email or text confirmation but I went back onto the site via the 'manage booking' bit and I can still see it there so I'm assuming its all fine

kroqq

Mar 28, 2013
47. Live in Brighton. Went on to the NHS website last night and it told me the nearest available vaccination centre to me was Crystal Palace FC! Id need a vaccine just to go there. Tried again this morning and now its telling me Epsom Racecourse is the nearest. Anybody else experienced similar?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here