Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Over 36 and not been vaccinated yet? [Aged 36 and over - see post 193]

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I keep trying and it won't let me book a 2nd appointment . . . . When I go to check my appointments its tells me I need to do it all again. Can't get into BC, so trying Chi as I work there.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
I keep trying and it won't let me book a 2nd appointment . . . . When I go to check my appointments its tells me I need to do it all again. Can't get into BC, so trying Chi as I work there.

The second jab dates are only released up to 4th July I think so may need to try in a few days for beyond that

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
The second jab dates are only released up to 4th July I think so may need to try in a few days for beyond that

I've been trying to book for next Wed, so If I'm a bit dicky afterward its on a work day, not the weekend!

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
I had the same problem originally and had to push my first jab by back by a week to get an option for second jab.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Mrs B in and out in a couple of minutes at the Centre just now. Large number of helpers and vaccinators and very few people being vaccinated.

juliant

Apr 4, 2011
Northamptonshire
Mrs B in and out in a couple of minutes at the Centre just now. Large number of helpers and vaccinators and very few people being vaccinated.

I wonder if that is down to the now vaccinating age group . IE I'm 45 and able to book however I'm not willing to have it yet and I know a lot of people similar age to me feel the same

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I wonder if that is down to the now vaccinating age group . IE I'm 45 and able to book however I'm not willing to have it yet and I know a lot of people similar age to me feel the same

Doubt it - this age group only opened officially this morning.

Amongst my social group - all a similar age to you - I don’t know a single person who wont have the vaccine just as soon as they possibly can.

If not yet, what will have to change for you to want to be part of the solution instead of part of the problem?

atomised

Mar 21, 2013

Yet I'm 47 and all those I know around my age are very keen and those I know who are just under the current age band are disappointed. I don't think it's as clean cut as just down to age groups

marcos3263

Oct 29, 2009
Fishersgate and Proud
website is a nightmare. I have 'booked' a first appointment a couple of times but as it cant then book in a second one and crashes out. Different dates and times keep popping up but then disappearing as I imagine many are trying and doing the same thing.

I've tried different centres and finding the same issues. I appreciate lots of people trying but its currently a farce.

They should offer more slots to allow people to book and move on.

Ill try again tomorrow and see if its calmed down.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

Why aren’t you willing to have it yet?

juliant

Apr 4, 2011
Northamptonshire
If not yet, what will have to change for you to want to be part of the solution instead of part of the problem?

I know plenty of people that had covid and still here today, I'm just quite happy at the moment to trust my body should I get it and a lot of people I speak to are the same. I'm glad that those that are more at risk have had it and that includes my elderly parents.

Its personal choice currently........

I will add that I like to travel so there may well be a point where I have to of been jabbed to do this. If that's the case then I will probably change stance but for the moment its a no from me

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I know plenty of people that had covid and still here today, I'm just quite happy at the moment to trust my body should I get it and a lot of people I speak to are the same. I'm glad that those that are more at risk have had it and that includes my elderly parents.

I will add that I like to travel so there may well be a point where I have to of been jabbed to do this. If that's the case then I will probably change stance but for the moment its a no from me

It’s almost unbelievable that over a year down the line there are still people with your attitude. Undoing The work and the sacrifices of those who have in some cases, lost their lives to combat Covid 19. There’s no point explaining how you being unvaccinated could lead to the death of other people and the reinstatement of Covid restrictions?
And you’ll only change your mind so you can travel? Jesus wept. Sorry man, that’s one of the most selfish things I’ve ever heard.
I hope you give your head a wobble and come to your senses soon.

juliant

Apr 4, 2011
Northamptonshire
It’s almost unbelievable that over a year down the line there are still people with your attitude. Undoing The work and the sacrifices of those who have in some cases, lost their lives to combat Covid 19. There’s no point explaining how you being unvaccinated could lead to the death of other people and the reinstatement of Covid restrictions?
And you’ll only change your mind so you can travel? Jesus wept. Sorry man, that’s one of the most selfish things I’ve ever heard.
I hope you give your head a wobble and come to your senses soon.

As I say its personal choice currently

And not sure how you come to the conclusion that I am undoing the work of others. I have stuck to the guidelines throughout. Seen my son for about 3 hours in 1 year total. No one is more eager to get back to the daily life. COVID wont go away with vaccinations but they help. We will learn to deal with it like we do the flu !

I'm sorry if you don't agree but that's life. Its my body and if I don't want a jab yet no one will make me feel guilty. If you want to have a go at someone go pick any one else that has not stuck to the rules but just remember not everyone will get the vaccine anyway U18 etc. Do they also all need to give their heads a wobble?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
As I say its personal choice currently

And not sure how you come to the conclusion that I am undoing the work of others. I have stuck to the guidelines throughout. Seen my son for about 3 hours in 1 year total. No one is more eager to get back to the daily life. COVID wont go away with vaccinations but they help. We will learn to deal with it like we do the flu !

I'm sorry if you don't agree but that's life. Its my body and if I don't want a jab yet no one will make me feel guilty. If you want to have a go at someone go pick any one else that has not stuck to the rules but just remember not everyone will get the vaccine anyway U18 etc. Do they also all need to give their heads a wobble?

As I wrote, there's no point trying to explain it to someone with your attitude.

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016

Have a look at what is happening in Brazil. It should make you reconsider, even from a purely selfish perspective, which is where you seem to coming from.

But vaccination programmes are about public health - not individual health. Getting vaccinated is indeed a personal choice (as is calling people who don't want to get vaccinated selfish idiots), BUT it is a choice that has implications beyond just you.

Luckily you, and the 'lot of people you speak to' are still in a small minority in this country.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
re: scale of Vaccine hesitancy. Currently its 6% of the UK down from 14% in December. Its halved in four months.
So effectively 19 out of 20 people in the UK plan to have the vaccine when offered.
https://www.ipsos.com/ipsos-mori/en...h-month-latest-ipsos-mori-knowledgepanel-poll

Good news........the rest are fully entitled to risk their own health/life once lockdown ends (and/or suffer the restrictions that being unvaccinated will mean) whilst the 95% of us get back to normal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here