[Misc] Over 36 and not been vaccinated yet? [Aged 36 and over - see post 193]

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Who can use this service
You can only use this service if any of the following apply:

you are aged 50 or over

So it says this .... Does it let you book as a mid 40 something if you proceed?

It was the same when they switched from 055 to O50 - the ‘requirements’ on the website didn’t update for a couple of days, the system was opened up first and you could book in. If it let’s you do it, I’d crack on.

Looking at the posts above maybe it’s allowing O45s ? Could also be postcode or doc surgery-driven.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Thanks for the heads up Darren, booked in for Friday morning at the Brighton centre (I am 50 in October by the way just as a measure for what they are allowing).

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Who can use this service
You can only use this service if any of the following apply:

you are aged 50 or over

So it says this .... Does it let you book as a mid 40 something if you proceed?

By all accounts the on-page copy is updated after the backend logic is changed to allow more people in.

I had a look at this site for Mrs B a few weeks ago and it wouldn't allow her unless I lied about her having a condition or was a full-time carer or something. Today, none of that was asked and it allowed her to book.

I've heard of others who were told they were not eligible an hour or two ago, but are being allowed now, so maybe there's some data updating going on. Might be worth re-trying if you couldn't do it earlier.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
I’m late 40s and worked for me but wife is early 40s and didn’t let her book. Naturally she’s pissed off now!

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Yes, would let me book one but not 2nd . . . Then went a bit Pete TOng.

Do you get some confirmation or are you just remembering the time/date and turning up ?

The last stage offers you chance to receive text and email confirmation and they came through within 5 minutes. It seemed like second jabs weren't available beyond 4th July so you could only book those if you were booking first for this week..
I'd been worrying as I hadn't registered with a gp here for years and got round to doing so last week after a move. Massively relieved tonight

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
49, nearly 50. Not a sniff yet, get the feeling after all the hoo ha its all slowed down

I think second jabs is taking precedence over first jabs at the moment

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Damn it, why can't I just be a little bit older

Boroseagull

Aug 23, 2003
Alhaurin de la Torre
NHS are rolling out vaccines to the 40-50 age group in England imminently and it seems you can now book via the national vaccine booking site.

Mrs B has just secured a booking for the Brighton Centre tomorrow morning, and made an appointment for the second jab in around 11 weeks time.

Good luck >>> https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coron...rus-vaccination/book-coronavirus-vaccination/

Thank you Bozza. I copied (naughty I know) your post and sent it to son & daughter in the UK last night. My daughter (47) Whatsapped this morning with a smiley face and booking reference, first jab tomorrow. For info she lives in rural Suffolk. Meanwhile her 75 year old dad has his first jab this Saturday and his long suffering who is 7 months younger must wait.

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
41 here (just). Frontline emergency services and worked right through including 4 periods of Track & Trace self isolation having been in contact with covid positive people, but i still can't get a vaccination.

Looks like it's over 45's only at the moment, so fingers crossed i might be soon!

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
It has been updated to 45 plus now so fill yur boots.

This. When it was approaching my age group I was checking that link every morning. So keep checking - it clearly shows the age groups at the top.

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
Just tried now, as I'm in the 45-50 bracket, to be told............The NHS website is currently experiencing technical difficulties.:nono:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here