Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Over 36 and not been vaccinated yet? [Aged 36 and over - see post 193]

Uter

Aug 5, 2008
The land of chocolate
Yes. My mother is 1 week away from her 12 week gap expiring and no sight nor sound of a 2nd appointment from our useless surgery ( who refuse to take phone calls on vaccination to add to the misery ).

Sounds like my surgery! My advise is find another pretext to ring them (e.g. repeat prescription query) and then at the end of the call, do a "Columbo". I.e. "Oh just one more thing, my mother is due her second vaccine, but we've not heard anything. Has something gone awry?".

I did this for my first jab when I thought I'd probably been forgotten / placed in the wrong priority group. Lo and behold I got the text the next morning.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Yes. My mother is 1 week away from her 12 week gap expiring and no sight nor sound of a 2nd appointment from our useless surgery ( who refuse to take phone calls on vaccination to add to the misery ).

I had my first jab February 5th from a text, organised by the Racecourse, as my surgery is using them. I got a text on Monday for my second jab which is next Wednesday. That’s 11 weeks.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Had first AstraZeneca jab today. Currently sat on sofa with the chills and flu like symptoms. I’m guessing it will go in a day or two? I’ll man up shortly!

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
Had first AstraZeneca jab today. Currently sat on sofa with the chills and flu like symptoms. I’m guessing it will go in a day or two? I’ll man up shortly!

I had aches for couple of days after AZ and few headaches but yes, clears up after 3-4 days. I took it as vaccine is getting on with setting up immune system.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I will be 61 tomorrow and not even a mention of it.
Wife had her first shot a couple of weeks ago and getting second next week and she is younger than me.

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
I will be 61 tomorrow and not even a mention of it.
Wife had her first shot a couple of weeks ago and getting second next week and she is younger than me.
Being a Moulsecoomb lad you should be able to tough it out for a few more weeks.??? :smile:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

I booked first and second jabs online. Had my first but second isn't till June. Which is a bit strange. I'll be 63 by then :eek:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I had my first jab February 5th from a text, organised by the Racecourse, as my surgery is using them. I got a text on Monday for my second jab which is next Wednesday. That’s 11 weeks.
Well her 12 week deadline is tomorrow and still no contact from the surgery that we are not allowed to phone about vaccinations.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Well her 12 week deadline is tomorrow and still no contact from the surgery that we are not allowed to phone about vaccinations.

The website is accurx.third party.nhs.uk or telephone 0300 303 8060 for anyone over 70 for their second jab.
That’s in the text I received last Monday. I hope it helps.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I booked first and second jabs online. Had my first but second isn't till June. Which is a bit strange. I'll be 63 by then :eek:

Those like me, whose surgeries have delegated their patients list, can’t book online. Hopefully the link to telephone number, given above will help.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I received a text from my surgery (Lime Tree in Worthing) on Friday afternoon for my second jab, which I had yesterday.

I wasn't expecting to hear for a few more weeks. The gap between my jabs was 8 weeks and 3 days.

Uter

Aug 5, 2008
The land of chocolate

I think you should ring her surgery despite what they say. It sounds like something may have gone wrong with the system in her case. It's perfectly reasonable for you to contact them if they organised the first jab and the 12 weeks is up and you have heard nothing. If the period between jabs is too long then she might not get optimal protection.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It's now letting in those between 40 and 45 so if you've not booked yet, get in quick before the next stampede.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
It's now letting in those between 40 and 45 so if you've not booked yet, get in quick before the next stampede.
Didn't let me ....

We cannot find your vaccination record
We cannot find which coronavirus (COVID-19) vaccine you need to have from your vaccination record.

This is due to error code 9907.

Please call 119 to report this error code, so we can investigate the issue.

Anyone seen that before ?

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo

Yep my mrs is 44 and just booked her jab for next week on the site. :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here