Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Season ticket sharing

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
I still can’t see them cross checking 32,000 IDs against the name on the ticket every other week.

Never going to happen. Went to Palace away where there was justification in checking tickets and they couldnt cope with checking 2k tickets

Don't get me started

One Nation under CCTV
Jul 24, 2007
I don't post here often but for me the whole thing is a pile of nonsense.

There are 2 of us who have been season tickets since Mark Mcghees reign at Withdean, if we can't go we normally give the tickets to either one of our 3 now adult kids or a couple of good mates. Normally we can't go because Sky has decided to change the fixture and we are away. We in no way tout the ticket or take any money and have totally enjoyed the experience, we have never left a seat empty. Now to share the same pleasure we must stump up and extra £225 quid between us or be classed as a criminal.... These are the new rules and so we make our decision based on this but I just felt I needed to vent frustration.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011

There are 2 of us who have been season tickets since Mark Mcghees reign at Withdean, if we can't go we normally give the tickets to either one of our 3 now adult kids or a couple of good mates. Normally we can't go because Sky has decided to change the fixture and we are away. We in no way tout the ticket or take any money and have totally enjoyed the experience, we have never left a seat empty. Now to share the same pleasure we must stump up and extra £225 quid between us or be classed as a criminal.... These are the new rules and so we make our decision based on this but I just felt I needed to vent frustration.

Make sure you say you havent got a smart phone so you retain ticket for entry

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Even if not ‘organised’ on NSC I suspect there will be some pretty long F&F lists building up as the season progresses.......

My F&F list has grown since this was announced as I add everyone I know with a fan number just in case at some point in the future I can't make a match.

spoonie

Apr 19, 2011
Never going to happen. Went to Palace away where there was justification in checking tickets and they couldnt cope with checking 2k tickets

all tickets now will be on phone's so unless you are giving your phone to your friend for the day they won't need to check ticket details

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

225 quid ?

Don't get me started

One Nation under CCTV
Jul 24, 2007
Yep 5 X £25 for the membership and 5 X £20 for the sharing. Each person you share with is basically a one off of £45 unless they are already members. We have 5 potential swaps to get the most of our ticket.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Yep 5 X £25 for the membership and 5 X £20 for the sharing. Each person you share with is basically a one off of £45 unless they are already members. We have 5 potential swaps to get the most of our ticket.

£20 single fee for each season ticket so it's only 5 X £20 for the sharing if you have 5 season tickets.

Last edited:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

£25 each for anybody that want to be able to use your 'free' season ticket (potentially more than once), plus £20 for each of you two as ST holders to buy the right to transfer it whenever you want..............so max £165 assuming all 5 need/want to become members isn't it ? £165 would barely cover the cost of 4 adult matchday tickets (depending on where sat and game Cat obviously)

Don't get me started

One Nation under CCTV
Jul 24, 2007
£25 each for anybody that want to be able to use your 'free' season ticket (potentially more than once), plus £20 for each of you two as ST holders to buy the right to transfer it whenever you want..............so max £165 assuming all 5 need/want to become members isn't it ? £165 would barely cover the cost of 4 adult matchday tickets (depending on where sat and game Cat obviously)

Well yes it is a Free season ticket as it's already paid for and I think I am not being unreasonable passing that onto my kids and close mates if I choose, I spoke to the club this morning and it's £20 for everyone that wants to use it. Anyway its not an issue for us as the club make to rules and we either buy those rules or not and sadly after all this time we have decided not to.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

But why would you pay for someone else’s membership ? You say you aren’t taking any money, in which case your guests are getting PL football for 20 quid. Pretty cheap really especially as the club organizes transfer of the ticket onto their smart phones and makes the entire transaction above board.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Well yes it is a Free season ticket as it's already paid for and I think I am not being unreasonable passing that onto my kids and close mates if I choose, I spoke to the club this morning and it's £20 for everyone that wants to use it. Anyway its not an issue for us as the club make to rules and we either buy those rules or not and sadly after all this time we have decided not to.

That's interesting - I'd understood it was a one-off £20 fee per STH.............not that £20 was required to be paid for each different A+ member you might want to pass a ticket on to.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

You can choose to let someone else use your ticket just as the club can choose to ban you and cancel your season if they catch you doing it!!

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
That's interesting - I'd understood it was a one-off £20 fee per STH.............not that £20 was required to be paid for each different A+ member you might want to pass a ticket on to.

Doesn’t he have a group of 5 season ticket holders ? Hence his calculation of 5 lots of 20+25. That still doesn’t explain why he is offering to both give away free match tickets and buy memberships for everyone though. Blimey he sounds like Father Christmas.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Doesn’t he have a group of 5 season ticket holders ? Hence his calculation of 5 lots of 20+25. That still doesn’t explain why he is offering to both give away free match tickets and buy memberships for everyone though. Blimey he sounds like Father Christmas.

If you're talking 'Don't Get Me Started' he says he has two season tickets which they share with 5 other people (3 adult kids and a couple of mates).

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker

Why on earth would you feel obliged to buy the annual memberships at £25 pp for all the parties who may want to make use of your ST occasionally?

Surely the least they can do is make a one-off £25 investment if they are actually that bothered about going to the odd game of PL football? If they feel £25 per season is too much then PL football possibly isn't their thing so no great loss, I should imagine.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here