Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Season ticket sharing

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
We as a family (three of us) have decided to renew. Is it worth paying the £20 extra to share ticket ? .As giving tickets to anyone now seemingly banned due to id wanted will there be my Albion members who want them ?? Or do we just leave seats empty?? (seems a pity)..Would people expect there are some on NSC who would like them?? Could NSC have a thread for those who can`t go to let others go ??
I`d rather give them away than leave empty.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Isn't the Ticket Exchange still working?

So are you saying don`t bother with ticket share option ? At least with ticket share you get to choose who gets ticket but they need to be my Albion ..... Do ticket exchange receivees need to be my Albion members ?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
If the game has sold out and the ticket exchange is in place, you can use that to avoid empty seats.

Whether it is sold out or not, you can transfer the ticket, but only to someone who is a My Albion member. I don't believe there are restrictions such as 'must be listed in your family and friends' so I don't see why you can't exchange it with someone on NSC. Given this is within the policies and practices laid out by the club, I don't think NSC would be in trouble for facilitating it in the way they would for people selling their tickets on in the past.

Last edited:

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
If the game has sold out and the ticket exchange is in place, you can use that to avoid empty seats.

Whether it is sold out or not, you can transfer the ticket, but only to someone who is a My Albion member. I don't believe there are restrictions such as 'must be listed in your family and friends' so I don't see why you can't exchange it with someone on NSC. Given this is within the policies and practices laid out by the club, I don't think NSC would be in trouble for facilitating it in the way they would for people selling their tickets on in the past.

Selling a football ticket in England - or even giving it away - without the club's knowledge/permission is a criminal offence. (Criminal Justice and Public Order Act 1994)

Amazing that people still struggle with his!

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Selling a football ticket in England - or even giving it away - without the club's knowledge/permission is a criminal offence. (Criminal Justice and Public Order Act 1994)

Amazing that people still struggle with his!

I'm not sure why you've quoted me to make this point (my eyes are tired and I'm not seeing a glaring error in my post), given we are discussing the season ticket transfer option that the club are introducing for the 2021/22 season, which is the club giving people permission to transfer their ticket (under the condition it is facilitated by them and is going to a My Albion Member). As such, not sure why you're quoting the law?

My understanding of the ticket "sharing" or transfer process, is the STH can go into their club account, say they are giving the ticket to 'my albion member X', and the club transfer the ticket to their virtual wallet. As far as I am aware, the club have not noted they are restricting [EDIT Joey Jo Jo has informed me below there are restrictions] this to people in your friends group, so are not putting a requirement on how you decide who gets your ticket (thus making offering it via NSC legal - though subject to further clarification of the process and any restrictions from the club). The "selling" of the ticket may not be something the club are happy about, but again, no restrictions noted and not sure how they would police any agreements (again, under current understanding of the process).

Last edited:

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003

The person you are passing the ticket on to must be an Albion + member and on listed in your friends and family. Clarified by point 1 on the website

https://tickets.brightonandhovealbi...ustom/documents/html/seasonticketsharing.html

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
The person you are passing the ticket on to must be an Albion + member and on listed in your friends and family. Clarified by point 1 on the website

https://tickets.brightonandhovealbi...ustom/documents/html/seasonticketsharing.html

Ah. Thank you, I didn't see that before. That would certainly be a restriction that would make offering it on NSC at the very least a little iffy.

At the risk of seeming like I'm grasping at straws to save face (I don't mean to link this to the above, I accept now that offering on NSC is likely a no-no, this is more a general query) - do we know if they will be changing the family and friends thing so people don't just add strangers/friends of friends to the list so they can transfer?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I still can’t see them cross checking 32,000 IDs against the name on the ticket every other week.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Ah. Thank you, I didn't see that before. That would certainly be a restriction that would make offering it on NSC at the very least a little iffy.

At the risk of seeming like I'm grasping at straws to save face (I don't mean to link this to the above, I accept now that offering on NSC is likely a no-no, this is more a general query) - do we know if they will be changing the family and friends thing so people don't just add strangers/friends of friends to the list so they can transfer?

In fairness, I misread. I think you'd advocating using NSC to find someone to pay the £20/season and buddy up (and not a match-by-match arrangement)?

Not technically illegal, but probably not what the club had in mind!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
In fairness, I misread. I think you'd advocating using NSC to find someone to pay the £20/season and buddy up (and not a match-by-match arrangement)?

Even if not ‘organised’ on NSC I suspect there will be some pretty long F&F lists building up as the season progresses.......

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Even if not ‘organised’ on NSC I suspect there will be some pretty long F&F lists building up as the season progresses.......

I propose someone (not me) starts a thread where we can all add our info and then hopefully a quick cut/paste job and we're done.

If questioned at the gate we can say we met up at a curry night X

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

Ah. I wasn't really thinking specifically either way. The OP had seemed to indicate a willingness just to give the ticket to someone on here, so I wasn't thinking too much about the payment side of thngs initially, more just whether using NSC to put people in contact with each other. If the club are limiting it to people in friends and family groups I think they probably would frown on exchanges arranged on here (if you're friends and family, why would you need NSC?).

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Ah. I wasn't really thinking specifically either way. The OP had seemed to indicate a willingness just to give the ticket to someone on here

Aye, which I was responding to, really. Organising anything online which is related to the sharing (or even giving away) of football tickets generally isn't a good idea...

Since1982

Sep 30, 2006
Burgess Hill
Others may already have clocked this but I only understood it when renewing yesterday - you don't need to make a decision on sharing the season ticket now, you can wait until the first time you want to make use of the facility, pay the £20 and then it becomes sharable. You also can't yet buy the MyAlbion memberships needed for the person who is going to receive the ticket. Personally I think the club are to be commended for making this happen.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I still can’t see them cross checking 32,000 IDs against the name on the ticket every other week.

I can see it happening for the first 2-3 games (at every ground) and it turns into a complete and utter fiasco as half the fans aren't in for kick-off as they're processing the ID checks (let's face it, it'll be bad enough with 32,000 at the Amex, doing 75,000 at Old Trafford will be even worse). After that it gets quietly ditched.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
I can see it happening for the first 2-3 games (at every ground) and it turns into a complete and utter fiasco as half the fans aren't in for kick-off as they're processing the ID checks (let's face it, it'll be bad enough with 32,000 at the Amex, doing 75,000 at Old Trafford will be even worse). After that it gets quietly ditched.

Fingers crossed. Although say someone gets caught trying to get their Brother in on sons Ticket. Will it be hanging offence or slap on the wrist ??

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Fingers crossed. Although say someone gets caught trying to get their Brother in on sons Ticket. Will it be hanging offence or slap on the wrist ??

Certainly a ban and season ticket cancelled.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here