Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Favourite Place

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Ilkley
A few stand outs in order:
Canadian Rockies (although without the busloads of Chinese Tourists that spoil it these days!!)
Namibia
Vancouver Island
Singapore
Rio de Janeiro
Argentina
Southern Italy

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I am hanging out to get back to Sussex, Brighton and family and friends.

Hopefully, it won't be too much longer.

I live near the Great Ocean Road and love trips to a mates beach house in Lorne.

Tomorrow I am heading to 90 mile beach in Gippsland with the family. Stunning.

It really is an incredible place. I was so lucky to grow up there. I intend to move back down from the midlands ASAP. Dartmoor to the north and coast all around the rest. Got the tourist stuff at Torbay and the off beaten track on the south coast. Throw in some beautiful rivers - not least the dart and you have perfection. My nearest town growing up was so quirky the town sign was changed to say twinned with narnia.

That would be Totnes then :) Mrs. P's sister and family live in that neck of the woods and to a degree embrace that towns lifestyle. But for Covid we would probably had a couple of trips down that way but for Covid :(

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Some lovely parts of Leicestershire in late Spring, also love Wiltshire too. Further afield we enjoyed a lovely holiday around the Med with Harry and Sandra Redknapp a few years ago, parts of Southern Spain and around the bay of Naples are stunning.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
That would be Totnes then :) Mrs. P's sister and family live in that neck of the woods and to a degree embrace that towns lifestyle. But for Covid we would probably had a couple of trips down that way but for Covid :(

I am planning two weeks at my mum’s in august. The kids want to learn to surf so will be spending most of it at the beach. I am guessing totnes will have the country’s lowest take up of vaccine though!

PTC Gull

Micky Mouse country.
NSC Patron
Apr 17, 2017
Florida
Sussex; Cuckmere Haven
Other UK. Norfolk Broads
Europe. Formentera (mentioned by someone else)
World: Rarotonga in the Cook Islands

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach

We managed to get to Totnes last August before everything locked down again. Lovely little town, and a great view from up in the castle down the river Dart.
Spent the week in and around Kingsbridge, Salcombe, Slapton, and surfing down at Bigbury / Burgh Island. Gorgeous part of the UK....but you hold your breath driving along those incredibly narrow and steep lanes! :eek:

Another of our favs is Pass-a-Grille Beach in Florida (Southern most tip of St Petes) A lovely little town, & the missus has already said if we win the lottery we are buying a place there.

PassaGrilleBeach-by-@PassaGrilleBeach-858.jpg

Last edited:

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Grew up in Derbyshire, most of adult life in Brighton & Shoreham, now live in North Wales..

1) Monsal Dale, stunning
2) Aran Fawddwy, Glasgwm & Esgeiriau Gwynion in southern Snowdonia, mountains I can walk to, up and back home in a day...
3) Grand Canyon, one of those few places that lives up to expectation
4) Provence - Magic

Also have a soft spot for Shoreham, had a little tear when I left.....

Greece, Sicily, Rye Harbour, locally Aberdovey. Number three in a couple of months!

I prefer Barmouth, even with it's brummie invasion....

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Grew up in Derbyshire, most of adult life in Brighton & Shoreham, now live in North Wales..

1) Monsal Dale, stunning
2) Aran Fawddwy, Glasgwm & Esgeiriau Gwynion in southern Snowdonia, mountains I can walk to, up and back home in a day...
3) Grand Canyon, one of those few places that lives up to expectation
4) Provence - Magic

Also have a soft spot for Shoreham, had a little tear when I left.....

I prefer Barmouth, even with it's brummie invasion....

Yes we stayed at the Geo 3rd and walked down the old railway line to Barmouth great area, also handy for Cader Idris, will do it again when there is no cloud!

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I think the answer to this question should be ever changing as you get older and add to your travel experiences. It’s all about context in your life and with whom you are sharing the experience. My wife and I have travelled the world and been to some amazing destinations; cities such as Melbourne and Shanghai, the beaches and history of Vietnam, the dramatic scenery of Crete and the food and culture of France and Italy. We have never stopped exploring though and have recently discovered the beaches of the Wirral. We get up early to avoid people in lockdown, take a flask of coffee and breakfast and have the place to ourselves. That brings as much pleasure as all the amazing and exotic places we have visited in the past.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Yes we stayed at the Geo 3rd and walked down the old railway line to Barmouth great area, also handy for Cader Idris, will do it again when there is no cloud!

Nice! We ended up at George III last week after doing the new precipice walk, a 3 hours job that you can start or finish in Dolgellau or Llanelltyd. Do give Aran Fawddwy a try from Cwm Cywarch, it's strenuous but higher than Cader and much much quieter. Good luck with those clouds!!!

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
some left field places I've visited that have left a lasting impression:-

Wroclaw, Poland - fun compact city
Al Ula, KSA - wow
Monterey peninsular - 17 mile drive - lush
Brighton - c'mon you know

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here