Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Favourite Place

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
It is hard to say one place because it depends on the situation I think.

A few for me.

1. Favourite place in England is between two - a hill overlooking the village where I grew up in Devon and Bantham beach in Devon with a setting sun.
2. Most spectacular view - I loved Shirley heights in Antigua overlooking the harbour.
3. Anywhere with lots of mountains - overlooking the Lake in zel am zee (features in last episode of band of brothers) is good.
4. Where I could get to in under under ten mins - my golf course in Warwickshire.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
My front room at this time.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
At the moment, all I want is to visit Sussex and my family again so I'll go with that.

In normal circumstances, New York City.

A few for me.

1. Favourite place in England is between two - a hill overlooking the village where I grew up in Devon and Bantham beach in Devon with a setting sun.
2. Most spectacular view - I loved Shirley heights in Antigua overlooking the harbour.
3. Anywhere with lots of mountains - overlooking the Lake in zel am zee (features in last episode of band of brothers) is good.
4. Where I could get to in under under ten mins - my golf course in Warwickshire.

I am familiar with 1 and would add it to my list along with Kingsand and Cawsand a little further down the coast and just into Cornwall.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020

A few for me.

South Hams is the best.
My favourite oversees....
93144636-panoramic-view-of-dwejra-bay-with-fungus-rock-gozo-malta.jpg

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Provence
New England
Tuscany
Alps

.... how I long to get away ... have got a ton of stuff ready to go

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Ibiza
Zimbabwe (pre Mugabe going nuts)

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Kefalonia, quiet if you want, lively if you want, stunning scenery and walks, some of the best beaches in Europe, lovely people, turtles, sensational bakeries. Just a gorgeous island, and not only the best Greek island I’ve visited but the best European beaches I’ve ever seen, aside from Formentara, which is extortionately expensive and gets taken over by the Ibiza day trippers.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
As Berty23 said, depends on the situation.

Nature, hiking, camping: Adirondacks, NY.
Cities: Berlin or New York
Little bit different: Vanuatu
UK: Cuckmere Haven or Skye

When and where did you go in Vanuatu?

Interesting place. I spent a few weeks exploring it in 1997, went to Tanna and Espiritu Santo islands, as well as the main island. Climbed Mt Yasur volcano, dived Million Dollar Point, and several other places.

It was part of a few months spent in various South Pacific countries, and I think it and the Cook Islands (especially the outlying random ones) were the highlights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
Really enjoy walking in woodland - found a nice quite spot near Ansty/Pickwell last Sunday that i never knew existed.

Abroad - Australia's Gold Coast has good memories.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here