Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Who has gone back to work full time today?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Believe me, its real and it is raw. I have become VERY accustomed to my WFH routine, there is absolutely nothing I can do in the office that I can't do from my desk at home. As a team we've become streamlined and more efficient, WFH has worked very well indeed. Sickness is now basically zero, because nobody is too sick to switch on a laptop and crack on from home.

Now we've got to jump back into the previous century and start yomping back and forth to a boring building in HH again. I'm not overly enamoured in sharing a communal kitchen and toilets with all the other herberts either.

I'm mightily pissed off about it all, and will become less productive and motivated as a direct result.

I took redundancy in September, but feel your pain - by then I had got so used to WFH on a permanent basis I wouldn't have wanted to go back to commuting to Canary bloody Wharf more than maybe one day a week.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Honestly I have never seen the construction / building industry so busy. If it's not the new builds going up, it's the builders, plumbers, electricians working on people's homes. It's amazing really, considering what this country has gone through in the last year.
It’s been manic the government decided and definitely for the best all landlords require an electrical cert by law by April 1st just passed. Still got loads to work through and stacks of upgrade work.

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
Really hope it's starts turning around for people in your industry, must of been hell.

Thankfully I work for one of the biggest global travel companies so hasn't been as stressful as I imagine it has been for others as things are fairly stable financially. I feel for the high street travel agencies most as they must have really struggled.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Also for obvious reasons the spread of cold and flu between workers has become practically non-existent.

It'll be interesting to see what happens if there starts to be another rise in infections - especially if one of our employees tests positive...

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Believe me, its real and it is raw. I have become VERY accustomed to my WFH routine, there is absolutely nothing I can do in the office that I can't do from my desk at home. As a team we've become streamlined and more efficient, WFH has worked very well indeed. Sickness is now basically zero, because nobody is too sick to switch on a laptop and crack on from home.

Now we've got to jump back into the previous century and start yomping back and forth to a boring building in HH again. I'm not overly enamoured in sharing a communal kitchen and toilets with all the other herberts either.

I'm mightily pissed off about it all, and will become less productive and motivated as a direct result.

I'm so sorry. If I can get away with it I have zero intention of entering an office ever again.

Round here it looks like "pint at lunchtime" has come back into fashion too today. They can't smell your breath over zoom.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Honestly I have never seen the construction / building industry so busy. If it's not the new builds going up, it's the builders, plumbers, electricians working on people's homes. It's amazing really, considering what this country has gone through in the last year.

Also with all the posh garden buildings springing up, several big jobs completed or still in progress in our vicinity, all with the shiplap and graphite coloured window frames look.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
No mention of going back to the office for us at all.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Get ready for the papers to start ramping up the get back in the office stories as they did last summer, I’m sure all the wealthy land owners will start applying the pressure as they could lose millions in rent going forwards.

I know some of those landlords, they’re very relaxed about this. Planning law changed many years ago now, meaning they can convert offices to residential.

If the nation wants to WFH and online buy rather than visiting the high street, then the vacant space can only become housing.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Not due to have our offices open until 1st September and I've been in once in the last year ( and that was only to fire someone - seemed wrong to do it over teams ). Change companies at the end of the month and my new job is 100% WFH .... thankfully.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here