Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Who has gone back to work full time today?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
So promising, but for those of us in the travel business, we have at least another month and even then massive ifs, buts and maybes.

Am I queueing up to buy clothes or get a table in a pub garden, that’ll be a no

Things can only get better :thumbsup:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
From 17th May we are going back to the office for 3 days a week.

I am absolutely gutted.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
I have worked all the way through but from home. No chance I will be going into the office 5 days a week again. Maybe twice a week at a push.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Yes. Had 2 days off for the weekend and back in today.

This, I've been to work in the office/factory every day for the last year and a half bar a few holidays and a months Furlough last summer.

At the moment weekends are flat out DIY so the office is a welcome break.

popped to shop to get lunches just now and there was a queue of sad mums/grans waiting to get into Dunelm and buy tat. :eek:

Last edited:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The queue outside the hairdressers was insane today.

At least it gives me welcome freedom to retain mad professor hair for another 1-2 weeks before I'll have no legitimate excuse.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
The queue outside the hairdressers was insane today.

At least it gives me welcome freedom to retain mad professor hair for another 1-2 weeks before I'll have no legitimate excuse.

Me too . . . .I'm thinking of starting a sweet covers band at the current rate of growth . . . we need a crazy lockdown hair thread!

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
I'm going into London tomorrow to make sure our office is okay and serviceable and again on Thursday. Think I've done about 5 trips into London in the past year. End of June we're planning to be open for those who can't stand to be at home with their partners/kids and for the needy desperate for attention marketing lot. The rest can work from home still.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
The construction industry has been open apart from the first lockdown for a few weeks all the way through, so I’ve been working in the office and going to sites all the time. I am off this week, so glad as I hate it in the showroom to be honest. Just been into town, there are folks queuing outside most chav stores, like TK etc, one of the biggest was the Lego store ?? Go figure that one....

Also a few bars with outside seating, there are sad old lonely men nursing a pint....
Suddenly remembering no one spoke to them before lockdown and nothings changed...

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Not back to work today as I WFH and have done the whole way through, but – by coincidence – I had to travel up the country today, which meant my first taste of the M25 for over a year. Absolutely nothing's changed – the traffic ground to a halt clockwise at J10 and stayed like it until Heathrow :lolol:

Nice to see hairdressers up and at it early as I ran at 7ish through Shoreham-by-Sea, as well as the shops getting ready to open.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
So promising, but for those of us in the travel business, we have at least another month and even then massive ifs, buts and maybes.

Whilst on our way to our umpteenth lateral flow test, we passed a local JJ Moons, where all the local out of work shy scrounging chavs, are being intravenously topped up with alcohol.
You can tell them from normal human types, they have that special look about them, you know the ones that shout at pigeons :shrug:

For me, I've never stopped working....

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Not back to work today as I WFH and have done the whole way through, but – by coincidence – I had to travel up the country today, which meant my first taste of the M25 for over a year. Absolutely nothing's changed – the traffic ground to a halt clockwise at J10 and stayed like it until Heathrow :lolol:

Nice to see hairdressers up and at it early as I ran at 7ish through Shoreham-by-Sea, as well as the shops getting ready to open.

Roads have been as busy as ever for moths now.

I'm not getting my haircut for a while, they'll all have the shakes and cramp by lunchtime!

casbom

Jul 24, 2007

Yeah same here, although I've been told today I'll be back helping with release testing for 3 weeks in May! yay! Just hope flights/Holidays get going again shortly afterwards (safely of course).

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Those damn moths are a pain :lol:

They've just started on thhe Arundel bypass-bypass lots of busy bees as well

It'll probably gegt finished when I stop commuting through, much like the Brighton bypass was finished a month or so after I got made redundant from Sturtevant in Moulsecombe back in 95

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here