• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
Group A

1-2 vs. Swindon Town 2003/04 Division Two Play Offs

Thursday, 20 May, 2004 Att: 6,876

It’s probably apt for Withdean that the first game of the competition is a defeat. Albion were seconds away from going out, but ‘you’re not there yet Swindon fans’. Adam Virgo’s late late late header forced penalties. Sam Parkin had levelled the tie on the night before Rory Fallon gave Swindon the lead.

Tommy Mooney was denied by Ben Roberts and Andy Gurney crashed his spot kick against the post to send us to the Millennium Stadium to face Bristol City in the Division Two Play Off Final

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_2/3713901.stm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJKgKpC4ZXM

2-2 vs. West Ham United 2004/05 The Championship

Saturday, 23 April, 2005 , Att: 6,189

Dean Hammond's double earned the Seagulls a vital point against star-studded West Ham. In the match which saw Bobby return to the Withdean, Dean Hammond scored a brace as we took 4 points off a Hammers side that included Teddy Sheringham.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_1/4451243.stm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUIUZM3KUVQ

8-0 vs. Northwich Victoria 2006/07 FA Cup 1st Round

Saturday, 11 November 2006, Att: 4,487

Wilkins’ starting XI read Michel Kuipers in goal. A back four of Adam Hinshelwood, Joel Lynch, Guy Butters and Kerry Mayo. Tommy Fraser, Adam El-Abd, Dean Hammond and Dean Cox made up the midfield and Jake Robinson partnered Alex Revell in attack. Only Kuipers, Butters and Revell were made away from Brighton.

Seven of the eight goals were from Brighton-bred players. A memorable afternoon that we will probably never see again.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/fa_cup/6116316.stm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2CthnNBYTw

2-0 vs. Exeter City 2000/01 Division Three

Friday 22nd December 2000 Att: 6,758

Memorable for different reasons! We know that Christmas is the time of gifts and cards, but ten for one team? The programme notes from the time say ‘Albion where nowhere near their best. It would probably be one of those games that would fade quickly into the memory if it hadn’t been for two talking points’ .

Firstly, referee Rejer booked 13 players, 10 of those from Exeter! . Paul Rogers was quite right ‘there wasn’t one of those for Exeter who didn’t deserve a booking. The only player not booked? Ex-Seagull Jamie Campbell, he scored an own goal from a Gary Hart cross. The other goal ‘marked by a firework from a nearby garden’ came from Dodge.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I know everyone is going to vote for the Swindon game but I'm voting D because it was on that night that I arranged my first date with Mrs Gwylan; so that's more memorable for me :)

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
It's clearly Swindon, but as I wasn't there (university exam that day) I am voting for West Ham, cracking performance, cracking atmosphere by Withdean standards. Although the Exeter yellow card medley was fun.

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
I've never released so much pent up energy as I did when Adam Virgo scored that header

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
To be honest, there's not a lot of point doing the other polls, your outright winner is right there.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Swindon is obviously the right answer, but as I was in Hong Kong, sans telly, I only have the oft repeated video clips to go by. As I WAS at the Northwich game I'll choose that.

Sadly I probably was at the Exeter game but as it would have been "Barry's Christmas Do" I can remember absolutely nothing about it. Bloody GDC.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
2) Penalties. Fans start singing "hit the bar" to Mooney, who earlier hit the bar, not for the first time. He proceeds to take the penalty. Hits the bar. Absolutely brilliant.

He doesn't hit the bar. It was saved by Roberts

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
Yeh Mooney's pen was superbly saved by Roberts. The other one they missed by....Gurney? Hit the post

They hit the woodwork a further 3 or 4 times in the two legs

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Easy one, the Swindon match is my favourite ever. Everything about that night was special, there was just something in the air. I don't know why but even when losing in the last few minutes I just knew we were going to do it still.

Virgo's pen when he absolutely smashed it in was a great moment, he was just functioning on pure adrenaline at that point.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Obviously it's swindon but as I wasn't there for that I can't vote for it. In fact, the only game I was there for was the Exeter game. a game that I'd completely forgotten about until this tournament and even then had no idea why it was 'special'. Having read the description it did set off some dim and distant bells so I'll be voting Exeter even though, well, it wasn't that memorable.

But really it's Swindon and I imagine that it'll almost certainly walk it's way to the title. The only viable opposition will be the emotional heft of the first game back in Brighton.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I still shout hit the bar when an opposing player is taking a pen against us after the Mooney miss. I know it does sod all, but always gives me hope that they miss, it worked twice at MK away and Stoke away both pens in the final minutes of games. I take credit for both of those misses.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
The Exeter game was hilarious as they picked up the 10th booking I thought yes one is going off....and it was the sub who got booked!

Yoda

English & European
Voting for my nomination, the Exeter game. Only nominated as everything else had been by that point and just sticks out from the rest of the mundane more for comedic reasons. Remember thinking as the game went on, booking after booking for Exeter players, "Surely this one's already been booked?" "No?" "Come on!"
Had never seen a game finish so one sided on the yellow card front and not one red as well.

Jaxie

Dec 2, 2018
Far East (Sussex)
Swindon. P’ssed down, absolutely drenched. Mates phone me just before virgos goal to take the p’ss. I tell them to F off, then the header goes in. What a night

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here