Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 10 Years Ago Today

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Withdean was so rubbish it had a charm to it.

Dodgy burger vans, terrible view, regular drenching in the south stand. But I loved it.

My seat was halfway up and close to the halfway line behind the dugouts. Used to get a great view of Gus hiding behind them whenever we got a penalty.

Guy who sat in front of me was an absolute nutter who went apeshit whenever we didn’t score from an attack. I miss him.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
Of course Withdean was crap.... the worst stadium in the league surrounded by rich householders who hated us being there. But it was the best we could find . It was a damn site better than playing at Gillingham . During the years at Withdean we won back to back promotions and climbed from the bottom tier to the Championship.
Despite the poor facilities I always enjoyed going there .

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Of course Withdean was crap.... the worst stadium in the league surrounded by rich householders who hated us being there. But it was the best we could find . It was a damn site better than playing at Gillingham . During the years at Withdean we won back to back promotions and climbed from the bottom tier to the Championship.
Despite the poor facilities I always enjoyed going there .

It was all a bit bonkers, looking back. Wouldn't have missed it for the world :smile:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here