Date: Monday 12th April 2021
Kick-off: 20:15 BST
Referee: Darren England
Assistants: Simon Long, Timothy Wood
Fourth Official: Graham Scott
VAR: Jonathan Moss
Additional VAR: Simon Bennett

TEAM NEWS

Brighton defenders Dan Burn and Adam Webster have returned to training following respective hamstring and ankle issues.

Forward Percy Tau could be available after a spell in quarantine, while Aaron Connolly remains doubtful with a foot injury.

Everton midfielder Andre Gomes is out with a thigh injury, although Alex Iwobi and Allan should be available.

Goalkeeper Jordan Pickford has trained this week but will not be risked.

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

• [*=left]Everton can do the league double over Brighton for only the second time, having managed it in 1980-81.
    [*=left]The Toffees' most recent top-flight away victory in this fixture came at the Goldstone Ground in April 1983.
Albion

• [*=left]Brighton can win consecutive Premier League home matches for only the second time under Graham Potter,
    [*=left]They have won two of their last five home league games, as many victories as they managed in their previous 23 attempts at the Amex Stadium.
    [*=left]The Seagulls had dropped a league-high 20 points from winning positions this season prior to the latest round of matches.
    [*=left]Albion have scored the opening goal in each of their last four league matches but lost two of them.
    [*=left]Danny Welbeck could score in three consecutive top-flight appearances for the first time since January 2014 when he was a Manchester United player.
Everton

• [*=left]Everton are looking to set a new club record of 10 Premier League away wins in a season.
    [*=left]The Toffees last won 10 top-flight away games in 1986-87.
    [*=left]Victory would ensure Everton surpass last season's final total of 49 points.
    [*=left]However, they could go five games without a win in all competitions for the first time since December 2018 under Marco Silva.
    [*=left]Dominic Calvert-Lewin needs one more away goal to equal Romelu Lukaku's club record of nine in a Premier League season.

Graham Potter's Everton Press Conference

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Wheel whine.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
In my mind I can make a case for just about every conceivable scoreline except 0-0.

No prizes for guessing where I think the smart money should go!

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
At this stage of the season we just need to focus on a win, although a draw would be useful. They are not invincible although a very good side well managed by that wily Old Italian Fox. We can do this .
Even one point would lift us to 15th , that is worth going for. :albion2:

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
I'm not expecting anything from our game against Chelsea next week, so a point tonight would help erase any remaining nerves.

A win would be magnificent and allow GP to start introducing the likes of Caceido and Karbo for a few cameo appearances before the end of the season.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
So excited

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Up early not because of nerves for a change, but because I'm back at work like millions of others.
Heads up for the first person to ask which pubs are showing the game. No way I'm sitting outside when it's snowing.

wunt be druv

Oh bugger..!
Jun 17, 2011
In my own strange world
A win would be fantastic, ease the old nerves, but we all know Brighton never do things the easy way! Plenty of possession tonight as usual and hopefully take our chances, a nice early goal would be great, but Everton are a decent side and we will have to be at our very best to get any positive result from this one.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
These are a good team. Were loose.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I'm not especially bothered as I believe we have better options to start up top but the last I heard about Connolly was that he had a bad back that was actually a cracked rib and now I read he has picked up a foot injury.

:shrug:

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
A draw would be a good useful point , a win is possible and would be a huge step towards safety. 9 above Fulham who only have a possible 18 to gain.

1-1 written all over it. . . wheel drawer

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I'm not especially bothered as I believe we have better options to start up top but the last I heard about Connolly was that he had a bad back that was actually a cracked rib and now I read he has picked up a foot injury.

:shrug:

Hmmmm, sounds like code for, he’s up for grabs in the summer.
Possibly best thing for him, he’s a poor mans Baldock.

As for tonight, similar starting 11 and plan to the last three games please.
With a cameo appearance for Izzie please.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here