Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Anyone Used "My Diesel Claim"?

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
This is very different to the PPI bandwagon. The car manufacturers are under no obligation to compensate diesel owners, the “solicitors” are getting people to put their details forward for a class action that may or may not succeed.
Yes and I think it will take a while before compensation (if any) is paid. I’ve got a fair way completing a claim form and then read in the small print that the solicitors will retain 45% of any award. Think that’s a bit steep, though I suppose there’s little effort on my part.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I’ve seen similar schemes in the past (BA/VW) and been put off by the potential for incurring costs if I decided to pull out of the claim or didn’t provide information when requested. Worth checking the small print.

PeterOut

Aug 16, 2016

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Slightly bizarre. I bought a deisel about 3 years ago and pay only about £10 a year road tax because the engine is supposedly so green. :eek: :mad:

Mrs T pursued missold PPIs herself a few years ago and got more than £3K.

Many years ago I agreed to let a company pursue the miss-sale of an endowment mortgage. After about 4 years they got about £7K and kept about £2K. I could have pursued it all myself. But I wouln't have done. Let's face it :shrug:

There has definitely been some legerdemain over deisels so I expect there may be money to be made....in due course. So I'm IN!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Slightly bizarre. I bought a deisel about 3 years ago and pay only about £10 a year road tax because the engine is supposedly so green. :eek: :mad:

Mrs T pursued missold PPIs herself a few years ago and got more than £3K.

Many years ago I agreed to let a company pursue the miss-sale of an endowment mortgage. After about 4 years they got about £7K and kept about £2K. I could have pursued it all myself. But I wouln't have done. Let's face it :shrug:

There has definitely been some legerdemain over deisels so I expect there may be money to be made....in due course. So I'm IN!
Well, don't let #Super Steve Earle stop you from 'trying it on'

:wink:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I did pretty well out of my PPl claim back in the day actually, l was awarded just over £4,000 compensation. I saw an advert re thise diesel claim on tv last week. I've never driven a diesel car in my life alas.

The really sad thing about PPI is that no-one needed to use one of the ‘PPI expert’ firms to make a claim at all. They didn’t do anything you couldn’t easily do yourself. The banks were falling over themselves to pay compensation under huge pressure from the regulators......anyone giving up 20/30/40% (or even more in some cases) of their ‘win’ to the claim company sharks should be kicking themselves. I suspect this will go the same way.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The really sad thing about PPI is that no-one needed to use one of the ‘PPI expert’ firms to make a claim at all. They didn’t do anything you couldn’t easily do yourself. The banks were falling over themselves to pay compensation under huge pressure from the regulators......anyone giving up 20/30/40% (or even more in some cases) of their ‘win’ to the claim company sharks should be kicking themselves. I suspect this will go the same way.

99% of us wouldn't have had a clue about how to do it, or how to come back when rebuffed. 70 or 80 out of a hundred is a bloody sight better than nowt. And it wasn't easy anyway, unless you knew what you were doing (which, let's face it, very few people did).

And a lot of people, of course, 'tried it on' by asking the legal firms to see if they had a claim.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
99% of us wouldn't have had a clue about how to do it, or how to come back when rebuffed. 70 or 80 out of a hundred is a bloody sight better than nowt. And it wasn't easy anyway, unless you knew what you were doing (which, let's face it, very few people did).

And a lot of people, of course, 'tried it on' by asking the legal firms to see if they had a claim.

99% ?? LOL. The banks processed tens of thousands of direct claims.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I had a minor dispute with my bank about something completely unrelated to PPI but about how they just ramped up my home insurance year on year for no apparent reason. When they didn’t resolve it I sent the details to Moneybox Live on BBC Radio 4 and the next call I had was from the bank with a revised house insurance premium plus £4200 PPI compensation I knew nothing about, credited to my account.

Result

Boroseagull

Aug 23, 2003
Alhaurin de la Torre

Correct, anyone who receives Martin's Money Savers emails knew exactly what to do. All the correctly worded sample letters were on his website.

We, eventually, persuaded our daughter to claim for car loans and overdraft charges from Lloyds and within 4 weeks she received £7500 into her account. She then went on Martin Lewis's advice to reclaim the tax deducted on the interest part of the claim paid. Ended up gaining another £90.

No need for claim lawyers and nothing paid to third party sharks.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here