[Misc] Anyone Used "My Diesel Claim"?

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I did have a diesel car in the years stated, but I don't want to put all my details in the form until I've heard other people's experiences.
Has anyone used this?
https://mydieselclaim.com/?gclid=Cj...r6VJlCjbFJZF3_ik4s9ksGIQlN2zMfZRoClWIQAvD_BwE
Not heard of this before - sounds a bit similar to the PPI thing (which nobody I know got anything out of either!) Thought I'd give it a try though - but didn't get very far as the Toyota Emina (grey import Previa) I had for a couple of years in the noughties doesn't qualify.
Good luck!

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Not heard of this before - sounds a bit similar to the PPI thing (which nobody I know got anything out of either!) Thought I'd give it a try though - but didn't get very far as the Toyota Emina (grey import Previa) I had for a couple of years in the noughties doesn't qualify.
Good luck!

I did pretty well out of my PPl claim back in the day actually, l was awarded just over £4,000 compensation. I saw an advert re thise diesel claim on tv last week. I've never driven a diesel car in my life alas.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I did pretty well out of my PPl claim back in the day actually, l was awarded just over £4,000 compensation. I saw an advert re thise diesel claim on tv last week. I've never driven a diesel car in my life alas.

A lot of people didn't have PPI either, but it didn't stop them trying it on!

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
I owned four vans in that time. Mitsubishi L300 - Fiat Ducato - Ford Transit - and currently a Vauxhall Vivaro.
Can I claim four times ?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
A lot of people didn't have PPI either, but it didn't stop them trying it on!

A lot of people had never heard of PPI, let alone knew if they'd been paying it or not. The whole drive of the claim your PPI thing was to see if in fact you had paid it and were entitled to compensation - that's what all the adverts on tele were about - fill in the forms to find out, not to try and make a false claim. To suggest that everybody who made a PPI claim so the PPI firms could find out if they were entitled was doing so fraudulently is nonsense.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Glad somebody got something out of it (as well as the lawyers!) My comment was based on a very small survey, obviously, but nobody I knew got so much as a penny!

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
A lot of people had never heard of PPI, let alone knew if they'd been paying it or not. The whole drive of the claim your PPI thing was to see if in fact you had paid it and were entitled to compensation - that's what all the adverts on tele were about - fill in the forms to find out, not to try and make a false claim. To suggest that everybody who made a PPI claim so the PPI firms could find out if they were entitled was doing so fraudulently is nonsense.

Of course it's nonsense. But I didn't say that did I.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Not sure how the environmental concerns listed would form part of your claim as you will not have suffered a loss from this?

So you are just left with higher fuel bills and maintenance costs. You would need to be a very high mileage user for all the years listed to get anywhere near the (up to) £10,000 (less 50% to the legal firm)

As they say you can't win the lottery if you don't buy a ticket.

Never owned a diesel car myself so I'm out.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
the owners didnt suffer a loss so shouldnt really be entitled to compensation. if there is billions available should go to healthcare. lawyer driven, they need the individual claims.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
A lot of people had never heard of PPI, let alone knew if they'd been paying it or not. ...

that was a rather large part of the problem, people were mis-sold or sold something without even knowing. for a period it was practically impossible to have a loan of some sort and not have PPI added in.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
that was a rather large part of the problem, people were mis-sold or sold something without even knowing. for a period it was practically impossible to have a loan of some sort and not have PPI added in.

and yet amazingly I still managed it. :down:

I worked with a fella who got about £5k back.
Absolutely no prizes for guessing what he did with the windfall...

...Yep used it for first payments on various HP 'essentials'.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta

I think I agreed once but when I read the terms and found it was unfit for purpose, I cancelled. It didn’t cover loss of job or sickness as much as it should have done for the cost. After that, I always declined.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Anyone Used "My Diesel Claim"?

Fella asks for help with a website. NSC has an argument about PPI. Textbook. :clap2:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
I've had all diesels since 2000:

Vauxhall Zafira - 5½ yrs 71k
VW Golf - 5 yrs 97k
VW Passat - 8 yrs 69k
Volvo XC 60 - 2 yrs 12k

And Mrs SS has been running around in a diesel Nisan Qashqai for 5 years - 37k

So, 286,000 miles over 21 years - how much do you think I might be owed?

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
This is very different to the PPI bandwagon. The car manufacturers are under no obligation to compensate diesel owners, the “solicitors” are getting people to put their details forward for a class action that may or may not succeed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here