Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Sheffield Wednesday

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
I thought they got off lightly with a 6 points deduction, for breaking FFP for starters, but moreover for false accounting.

Praying that the 6 points takes them down.

Have the 6 points already been deducted or will they come off at the end of the season?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I thought this thread would just go:

Sheffield Wednesday :lol:

But I like discussing the pricks too :thumbsup:

el punal

After our glorious victory against Wednesday in the FA Cup semifinal of 1983 I remembered an interview/article with a disconsolate Seb Coe - he of Olympics fame and a diehard Owls supporter. Some years later he was spotted at Stamford Bridge watching a Premier League game by one of the TV commentators covering the match - “There’s Seb Coe, a lifelong Chelsea fan . . .”

What price loyalty, eh? :shrug:

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
You do realise that a light year is a measure of geographical distance, and not time, right?

I was literally knocked sideways when I read your post ???

:wink:

Surely its both as its the time the light takes to get here, so the light from a star which is 229 lightyears away is 229 years old when i see it. However that does still make my comment meaningless...

Anyway here is something 1350 (ish) light years away which i took tonight , i was quite pleased as started to learn some astronomy...

Orion nebula.JPG

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Crooked as well.

He was one of the few owners who came up with the ruse to ‘sell’ the stadium to another group company at a very high price, to manufacture a large accounts exceptional gain, mitigating FFP-breaking losses in the club accounts.

But Chansiri cocked up, orchestrating the ‘stadium disposal’ one accounts financial year too late.

So what did he do? He accounted for it a financial year earlier than it happened.

Found out.
I heard that the company that bought the ground didn't even exist when they bought it ? Not sure if true or not.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I heard that the company that bought the ground didn't even exist when they bought it ? Not sure if true or not.

True. The Chairman tried to put the sale, to a company he owned called Sheffield 3 Ltd, in the accounts covering the period between June 2017 and July 2018. It takes no more than a minute to check the Companies House records on Sheffield 3 Ltd to see that the company wasn’t incorporated until 21st June 2019.

Relegation will be a good thing for them if it finally convinces this bloke that he’s no idea what he’s doing, in either business or football, and he cuts his losses.

SAC

May 21, 2014
After our glorious victory against Wednesday in the FA Cup semifinal of 1983 I remembered an interview/article with a disconsolate Seb Coe - he of Olympics fame and a diehard Owls supporter. Some years later he was spotted at Stamford Bridge watching a Premier League game by one of the TV commentators covering the match - “There’s Seb Coe, a lifelong Chelsea fan . . .”

What price loyalty, eh? :shrug:

Coe has been a Chelsea fan since he was little but claims to have a soft spot for Wednesday and will support them against anyone other than Chelsea.

A Tory, a Chelsea fan and a Wednesday fan. They are welcome to him!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Sheffield Wednesday :lol:

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I have just had a look at the highlights. Charlton player sent off for handball, then Wednesday miss the resulting penalty. 20 odd attempts on goal , 1 goal. City, 5 attempts on goal, 1 goal.

CB1272ED-A69F-460C-BAF9-84A4FA1AC570.jpeg

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here