Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Sheffield Wednesday

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
Cockiest fans I ever met, walking up to the play-off semi from The Bridge car park. Unpleasant as well with barely an intelligible word between the lot of them. Ha!

Yep same experience.

Also, a mate went to the PO game at their’s with his two young kids and the abuse he and his kids got whilst waiting for the coach home after the dreadful 4 1 defeat was off the scale. Nasty set of fans.

Went to Sheff Utd last season and you could not meet a nicer bunch of fans. What a contrast for a city with 2 clubs.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Poor old Izzy brown dosnt have much luck.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
After the PO game at their place after they had WON, they then wanted to fight us as we were leaving. And plenty of homophobic 'banter ' in the pub after.

Relegation for them will make me a very happy boy.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Sympathy for their fans. The Chairman appears to be an absolute bell end and deserves to lose his (not self-made) money. Typical non-football man on an ego trip, who thinks he can just rock up at a famous club, throw a few million at it and get promoted to the PL.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Sympathy for their fans. The Chairman appears to be an absolute bell end and deserves to lose his (not self-made) money. Typical non-football man on an ego trip, who thinks he can just rock up at a famous club, throw a few million at it and get promoted to the PL.

Crooked as well.

He was one of the few owners who came up with the ruse to ‘sell’ the stadium to another group company at a very high price, to manufacture a large accounts exceptional gain, mitigating FFP-breaking losses in the club accounts.

But Chansiri cocked up, orchestrating the ‘stadium disposal’ one accounts financial year too late.

So what did he do? He accounted for it a financial year earlier than it happened.

Found out.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Crooked as well.

He was one of the few owners who came up with the ruse to ‘sell’ the stadium to another group company at a very high price, to manufacture a large accounts exceptional gain, mitigating FFP-breaking losses in the club accounts.

But Chansiri cocked up, orchestrating the ‘stadium disposal’ one accounts financial year too late.

So what did he do? He accounted for it a financial year earlier than it happened.

Found out.

The amusing thing is that he sold it to a company that hadn’t even been incorporated on the date that the sale needed to have gone through to be included in the accounts for the year he wanted it to. What a muppet.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The amusing thing is that he sold it to a company that hadn’t even been incorporated on the date that the sale needed to have gone through to be included in the accounts for the year he wanted it to. What a muppet.

I thought they got off lightly with a 6 points deduction, for breaking FFP for starters, but moreover for false accounting.

Praying that the 6 points takes them down.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
After the PO game at their place after they had WON, they then wanted to fight us as we were leaving. And plenty of homophobic 'banter ' in the pub after.

According to AA routefinder, Sheffield is 229 years away from Brighton.

I think I read that correctly.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
When I was little (I was maybe 7 or 8 years old) we went to see some distant relatives in Sheffield. I always remembered the really big comfy chair in their front garden which they sat in.

Looking back.. It was a sofa.

True story.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
nope its 229 light years

You do realise that a light year is a measure of geographical distance, and not time, right?

I was literally knocked sideways when I read your post ???

:wink:

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
When I was little (I was maybe 7 or 8 years old) we went to see some distant relatives in Sheffield. I always remembered the really big comfy chair in their front garden which they sat in.

Looking back.. It was a sofa.

True story.

l can only repeat my previous post . . .

Well what do you expect of Wednesdayites?

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005

Couldn't agree more.. I had one **** who I should have punched outside Hillsboro giving it large. He was your thick typical whippet boy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here