Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
only 38

[tweet]1380929566198407171[/tweet]

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
I know someone who lost a daughter due to an eating disorder. It was horrific for him. Since then I've become a bit protective of people with it.

So sad. Poor girl.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I was forced to watch Big Brother many years back and was delighted at its demise.

Yet it makes me sad to read this. I often felt she was one of those people exploited for commercial opportunity in a ruthless celebrity world. A bit like Jade Goody.

People have eating disorders for a reason and it's always upsetting to see a life claimed because of it.

I hope she found peace in her passing. RIP.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Her mother was saying that covid lockdown perpetuated her condition in a big way as she couldn’t access her usual exercise environments as suffered chronic loneliness which triggered her into eating even less.

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
HATE reality tv , but at times like this it reminds and informs of the potential tragedies that we wouldn`t normally see or hear of . So sad that she couldn`t accept herself as a perfectly normal person , mental illness thrives on our fragilities . God rest her

whosthedaddy

striker256
Apr 20, 2007
Hove
Nikki was a true star of reality tv, Big Brother brought her to our attention and we loved her from the outset, tragically you always felt she was only a whisker away from the deep seated issues she had ruining her young life.

She was spectacularly madcap and a gorgeous young lady full of emotions, opinions, frustrations and eruptions. Her dating of one time Brighton resident Pete Bennett who won Big Brother in 2006 also brought her closer to us here in the South, sadly they split up quite early in the relationship.

RIP Nikki, we'll remember you fondly

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Hers was probably the last BB I ever watched. Although at the time I found her extremely irritating I had no idea about any of the issues she was going through, particularly her eating disorder which preceded her Big Brother appearance by over 10 years having commenced when she was 12 I believe. I may be wrong but I don't recall her ever talking about her eating disorder while on the show and it is only today that I found out about it and was shocked to discover how bad it was.

So although I once found her irritating I now realise there were a lot of hidden personal issues behind her behaviour and I now view her with a certain fondness and I'm sorry I prejudged her as she never came across as an unpleasant or nasty person.

The news has saddened me and also made me feel a little guilty.

RIP Nikki

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Sad news, I think hers was the last season of BB that I bothered watching. She had a Brighton link as well, she went out with Pete who she met on the show.

Her struggles with anorexia are well documented but it definitely highlights how hard the last 12 months have been for vulnerable people and those who have to cope with mental illness. All the time we stay in lockdown there will be more indirect victims of covid.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I know someone who lost a daughter due to an eating disorder. It was horrific for him. Since then I've become a bit protective of people with it.

So sad. Poor girl.

Found it really hard to read the reports - have very close experience of dealing with anorexia. It's truly ****ing horrible and wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Also the last series of BB I ever watched. Utterly tragic. Anorexia also impacted close to home in my family. RIP.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here