Mar 10, 2013
Half a mile?

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Why do some clubs mow their pitch so that the horizontal stripes are perfectly in line with the penalty box and halfway lines, and others don’t. It disturbs me.

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Wouldn't it just fall off the end of the table and roll to a wall/dip in the floor depending on how level the room is that the snooker table is in.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I woke up last night sweaty and, judging from how my body felt, scared to death from a dream where I explained the Prague pneumatic post system for some kid in a playground and couldnt return to sleep after that. Why, I dont know.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Wouldn't it just fall off the end of the table and roll to a wall/dip in the floor depending on how level the room is that the snooker table is in.
In my fretting and concern, I should have qualified it with 'a table of infinite length on a flat part of the M3'.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I have no idea if it's the norm but many moons ago, while in America, I spent the evening playing pool on what seemed to be a physics defying, friction free table with 6 buckets instead of pockets.

Now you'd think that would make it easy for 'us', but no, it was bloody impossible to control the cue ball.

On that table, possibly all US tables, even with end cushions I estimate a decent player hit the cue ball with a solid, clean hit and it travel for a million years, roughly.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
I keep worrying that Oxygen is slowly killing us, but it takes 75-100 years to fully work.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
In my fretting and concern, I should have qualified it with 'a table of infinite length on a flat part of the M3'.

If the table is flat, then before too long, the curvature of the earth would mean that the ball was going uphill relative to the ground and would slow down and eventually roll backwards.

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
When did they start painting penalty spots to look like Polo mints? Bugs the hell out of me.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I have a feeling this NSC banner ad may keep me awake. Das Reich will probably be along in a minute to scream for a policeman. ???

awake.PNG

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Night shifts.
But when I do get to my bed it’s the noise goblin who lives next door. It’s not music or partying but she is simply incapable of going about her business without making an extraordinary amount of noise. Doors? just let them slam shut behind you. Cupboards, they won’t stay shut unless you smash them into the frame will they? Answering the door for a parcel? Why not shout as if the delivery man is at the end of the road, in his cab with the doors locked and headphones on and not 1 meter I front of you? And if there is no other noise to be made simply spend every waking minute talking to your equally moronic fiends on speakerphone as you wonder up and down the corridor outside?
And all in a Scottish accent.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Night shifts.
But when I do get to my bed it’s the noise goblin who lives next door. It’s not music or partying but she is simply incapable of going about her business without making an extraordinary amount of noise. Doors? just let them slam shut behind you. Cupboards, they won’t stay shut unless you smash them into the frame will they? Answering the door for a parcel? Why not shout as if the delivery man is at the end of the road, in his cab with the doors locked and headphones on and not 1 meter I front of you? And if there is no other noise to be made simply spend every waking minute talking to your equally moronic fiends on speakerphone as you wonder up and down the corridor outside?
And all in a Scottish accent.

You have my sympathy. Sadly Hadrian’s wall ain’t what it used to be!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here