Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Humour] The best possible taste

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
One of the things running around in what passes as my brain today was how attitudes change over time, how the prism of today distorts the meaning of things said and done in the past, and that sort of bollocks.

My mind, for reasons uncertain, took me to one of Kenny Everett's catch phrases. I looked it up, and, sorry, I found it childishly hilarious, and moreso than I did at the time.

Back in the day I would have been critiqued by some for finding a Maggie-fan amusing. ???

And then I was thinking about how NSC is surprisingly lacking in the tide of rebuke some elements are apparently encouraging towards the recently late prince.

Anyway, musings aside, enjoy some madcap capers from the former disc jockey.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkqxagJglaI

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
You mean a certain type that labels a certain generation 'snowflake' and the 'permanently offended', but at the slightest comment on a subject hat is dear to them is massively offended?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
And then I was thinking about how NSC is surprisingly lacking in the tide of rebuke some elements are apparently encouraging towards the recently late prince.

I'm struggling to work out what you're saying with this sentence

Are you surprised by the lack of jokes about/criticism of Prince Phillip?
Are you surprised by the lack of people criticising the jokes/criticism?

Am I misinterpreting this entirely?

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
One of the things running around in what passes as my brain today was how attitudes change over time, how the prism of today distorts the meaning of things said and done in the past, and that sort of bollocks.

My mind, for reasons uncertain, took me to one of Kenny Everett's catch phrases. I looked it up, and, sorry, I found it childishly hilarious, and moreso than I did at the time.

Back in the day I would have been critiqued by some for finding a Maggie-fan amusing. ???

Anyway, musings aside, enjoy some madcap capers from the former disc jockey.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkqxagJglaI
I know there's some naff stuff on nowadays but my god did you watch some crap back in the day

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I'm struggling to work out what you're saying with this sentence

Are you surprised by the lack of jokes about/criticism of Prince Phillip?
Are you surprised by the lack of people criticising the jokes/criticism?

Am I misinterpreting this entirely?

Apologies. I should have written 'pleased' rather than 'surprised'. I was very pleased to feel I was on the same page as most of the posters, albeit not necessarily on the same part of the page, but that's fine. A good day for NSC I think :thumbsup:

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I’m no fan of theRoyal Family as an institution,or accident of birth as a system to choose a county’s head of state. However, I do try to keep my dislike of the whole affair on a non personal level, as apart from one very brief occasion, I have never met any of ‘The Firm’. My wish is that the whole shebang is waved a fond farewell, with the death of our present monarch, and they, and us can move on in a civilised manner. As I say, I bear no ill will to any of the family on a personal level.

Apart from Andrew, he’s a ****.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I found Everett amusing here and there and he was ground breaking for his time. However, I find high camp rather annoying and can’t watch more than a few minutes of his noise.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I’m no fan of theRoyal Family as an institution,or accident of birth as a system to choose a county’s head of state. However, I do try to keep my dislike of the whole affair on a non personal level, as apart from one very brief occasion, I have never met any of ‘The Firm’. My wish is that the whole shebang is waved a fond farewell, with the death of our present monarch, and they, and us can move on in a civilised manner. As I say, I bear no ill will to any of the family on a personal level.

Apart from Andrew, he’s a ****.

I dunno, I’d happily see Andrew thrown down a flight of stairs in The Scrubs.

Edit, just saw the your last line.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Apologies HWT, clearly O/T but - following milliseconds of mature reflection - the better of two evils is to derail this thread rather than that thread :blush:

IMG_20210413_105620.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here