Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] HRH Prince Philip has died

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
It was to radio 5. Never heard such a shambles :facepalm:. First Adrian Chiles makes the announcement, and there is silence. Then he starts reading something handed to him about the history of the prince, then he's interrupted by an announcement by someone else that the prince has died. Then the national anthem is played. Then someone else announces that the prince has died. I found it rather disrespectful. I have now turned the radio off, as the various talking heads have now got into their stride :facepalm:

RIP, old fellah.

UK TV cut out half way through The Bill, replaced it with some dull music and a message saying 'Please retune to BBC News for breaking news'. It's a good job I'd already seen on NSC the news of his death, otherwise I might have **** myself, thinking the news that urgent could only be that the Russian missiles were o their way and we'd got four minutes to sort ourselves out!

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
To all the saddoes on here using this sad event as an excuse to give Prince Harry and the Duchess of Sussex a good kicking, grow up.
Prince Phillip was Harry’s Grandfather, I believe he has the right to grieve any way he wants to.

If he and his Wife didn’t turn up to the funeral, the gutter press would be hysterical in their vitriol.

RIP.

Would Megan even make the list of the 30 people allowed at funerals?

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
Like others have mentioned, the news has affected me more than I thought it would, great life of service to Queen and country. From a different era, didn't suffer fools gladly and spoke his mind, a great innings and probably the last of his kind.
RIP Sir

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It seems to me that it was the saddoes who have been the only ones to mention Prince Harry and the Duchess of Sussex.

Anyway, I’m not going to argue on a thread that should be a tribute to a man who had a huge impact on the last 100 years of this country’s history.
I have more respect than that.

To those who don't like the royal family, remember Prince Philip served throughout WW2. being mentioned in dispatches at the Battale of Matapan, so please just respect a veteran, if nothing else.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
UK TV cut out half way through The Bill, replaced it with some dull music and a message saying 'Please retune to BBC News for breaking news'. It's a good job I'd already seen on NSC the news of his death, otherwise I might have **** myself, thinking the news that urgent could only be that the Russian missiles were o their way and we'd got four minutes to sort ourselves out!
I must admit when I was driving to the tip and it came over the radio "we interrupt this programme.." my first thought was, I wonder if I could hide in one of the big metal bins?

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

Yoda

English & European
Always on the cards considering his age and recent illness, but still a massive shock when I saw the new flash up on my phone earlier. RIP your Majesty.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
To those who don't like the royal family, remember Prince Philip served throughout WW2. being mentioned in dispatches at the Battale of Matapan, so please just respect a veteran, if nothing else.

I don’t like the institution of the Royal family but am happy to show my respect for the individuals within it. Prince Phillip was a great servant to the country and clearly spent a lifetime putting his duty before his own interests. Quite a character as well. Sky are reporting that the islanders of Vanuatu officially worship him as a God. That’s good enough for me. RIP

Last edited:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
To all the saddoes on here using this sad event as an excuse to give Prince Harry and the Duchess of Sussex a good kicking, grow up.
Prince Phillip was Harry’s Grandfather, I believe he has the right to grieve any way he wants to.

If he and his Wife didn’t turn up to the funeral, the gutter press would be hysterical in their vitriol.

RIP.

I wonder if the Mods could delete those posts, ban the posters from this thread?

Pathetic agendas, when someone's barely bid farewell.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Some comment surely due from Megan and Harry. Anything to shade the day and make it all about her. I'm sure she'll be very welcome at the funeral.

Was there any need for that?

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Here he and Liz are jiving, he looks pretty good damn good, perfect rockabilly style.
R.I.P Phillip, you were pretty unique.

Attachments

• 7B5B651A-E28B-4C63-8439-E22DF1705519.jpeg
    7B5B651A-E28B-4C63-8439-E22DF1705519.jpeg
    131 KB · Views: 269

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
A truly great Britain and deserving of respect for his military service alone. But that isn't all he did, he also served this country all over the world during his time as His Royal Highness. Anyone who disagrees with any of that is quite simply wrong.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
A truly Great Briton, unfortunately I can believe some of the vile abuse I'm seeing on social media.

He was from a bygone age, he was the epitome of the game show catchphrase, he said what he saw, regardless of what other people might think.

This country will the poorer without him.

RIP

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I fully agree.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I don’t like the institution of the Royal family but am happy to show my respect for the individuals within it. Prince Phillip was a great servant to the country and clearly spent a lifetime putting his duty before his own interests. Quite a character as well. Sky are reporting that the islanders of Vanuatu officially worship him as a God. That’s good enough for me. RIP

Very much this. Has said some things that make me cringe over the years, but so have my elderly relatives. Certainly the huge amount of good he actually did far outweighed any minor indiscretions in what he said. RIP

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here