Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] HRH Prince Philip has died

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Yes he undoubtedly was a ladies man and famously wasn’t restricted by political correctness which many people admired - But he was also a great source of support and strength to the Queen . RIP .

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Some comment surely due from Megan and Harry. Anything to shade the day and make it all about her. I'm sure she'll be very welcome at the funeral.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
I have known nothing else for over 60 years than this Sovereign and her husband. I was given the middle name Philip because of him. It feels like the beginning of the end of the old order and leaves me reflective and saddened. He was dutiful, strong and immensely supportive.
RIP.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
R.I.P Prince Philip. 1 run short of his century, a remarkable innings.

I hope the funeral doesn't turn into a media circus involving Harry and Meghan, and he gets the respect and dignity he deserves.

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patron
May 8, 2013
Downunder
May you Rest In Peace good Sir.

Such a sad time for the Queen and the rest of the family.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016

I hope the funeral doesn't turn into a media circus involving Harry and Meghan, and he gets the respect and dignity he deserves.

I hope out of respect Meghan is not allowed anywhere near the funeral.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Respect from me to any media outlet that swerves that disrespectful stirring.

Let Phillip pass with dignity.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Classic NSC that within a few pages this thread has turned into a Meghan thread for some

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
It was to radio 5. Never heard such a shambles :facepalm:. First Adrian Chiles makes the announcement, and there is silence. Then he starts reading something handed to him about the history of the prince, then he's interrupted by an announcement by someone else that the prince has died. Then the national anthem is played. Then someone else announces that the prince has died. I found it rather disrespectful. I have now turned the radio off, as the various talking heads have now got into their stride :facepalm:

RIP, old fellah.

Vanessa Feltz on Radio 2 cut off mid-sentence, it was marvellous. She’s probably still talking now, mind, blissfully unaware. Every cloud, etc. Anyway, I shan’t be disrespectful to Mr Queen. Very sad for his family, no matter what age.

D

Deleted member 2719

I have to say I thought he swerved his issues.

RIP Duke, I especially feel for those such as the Queen, Charlie and William, it has been a bad start to 2021 for them.

Hang in there Lizzie, we need you.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here