Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] HRH Prince Philip has died

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Oh? Do you know why he had to wait two years until it was confirmed?
The late Queen didn't want the title to be bestowed until after her death because it belonged to her husband of 74 years, and then the King has taken his time sorting it out since last September.

Edit, It is the Duke's birthday today so it may be the King intended it to be today.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
When he was younger he was a bit of a wet fart but over the years he has established himself, done a lot of good work and deserves this recognition. Good luck to him and his missus. Shame that Andrew couldn’t keep it in his trousers.

smillie's garden

Am I evil?
Aug 11, 2003
When he was younger he was a bit of a wet fart but over the years he has established himself, done a lot of good work and deserves this recognition. Good luck to him and his missus. Shame that Andrew couldn’t keep it in his trousers.
I can think of a lot of people that deserve recognition more than he does, but never mind eh?

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
What are the duties of a Duke of Edinburgh, beyond the obvious racist jokes and creating convoluted plots to assassinate peoples princesses?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
The late Queen didn't want the title to be bestowed until after her death because it belonged to her husband of 74 years, and then the King has taken his time sorting it out since last September.

Edit, It is the Duke's birthday today so it may be the King intended it to be today.
It was your first clause that answers my specific question. Thanks...

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Does this mean Prince Edward is now 'grandfather of the nation' as Prince Andrew referred to the erstwhile Duke of Edinburgh?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
What are the duties of a Duke of Edinburgh, beyond the obvious racist jokes and creating convoluted plots to assassinate peoples princesses?
Duke of Edinburgh's Award scheme which is great for youngsters from all sorts of backgrounds. Edward obviously has other charities and duties besides but do have a look at the award scheme and what it does.

I'm proud to say my son and daughter both achieved the bronze, silver and gold awards.
Getting the 3 awards was a big advantage to my son when he applied to be a firefighter in 1995. Out of 6000 applicants, he was one of the 14 selected. His achievements were mentioned in the interview.

Hope that helps.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
Duke of Edinburgh's Award scheme which is great for youngsters from all sorts of backgrounds. Edward obviously has other charities and duties besides but do have a look at the award scheme and what it does.

I'm proud to say my son and daughter both achieved the bronze, silver and gold awards.
Getting the 3 awards was a big advantage to my son when he applied to be a firefighter in 1995. Out of 6000 applicants, he was one of the 14 selected. His achievements were mentioned in the interview.

Hope that helps.
What was i thinking being flippant in a thread related to Philip annd Edward, two royals who are completely beyond reproach. I'll return to tugging my forelock as befits one of the lower classes.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
What was i thinking being flippant in a thread related to Philip annd Edward, two royals who are completely beyond reproach. I'll return to tugging my forelock as befits one of the lower classes.
You can do whatever you want. Personally, I've never tugged my forelock at any time.

thejackal

Throbbing Member
Oct 22, 2008
Brighthelmstone
wow ...a Duke , imagine being a Duke ....🚬
Mortimer-Randolph-Duke-From-Trading-Places.jpeg

Yeah, imagine

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Phew, I saw the thread title and thought it was RIP Edward