Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Latest TV Paul Barber: Albion in Europe?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Can't wait to see #TeamsLikeBrighton go INTERNATIONAL on European nights :lolol:

Good job [MENTION=17322]Lenny Rider[/MENTION], really enjoyed that :thumbsup:

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
Little old Brighton, playing European football, who would have thunk it!

In the next five years though? I'm not so sure. Firstly we have to get away from this wretched relegation scrap, and then simply look towards making ourselves an established Premier League club, maybe then we can start thinking more ambitiously.

That said, if we survive this season, it will mean a fifth consecutive season in the top flight, everyone in the club is determined to make European football happen, the players, the management, and certainly the fans. Let's all hope we get to see it.

Can you imagine, a few years time when hopefully the pandemic has ended, a mid season trip to Spain for a couple of days to watch the Albion.

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
Good interview.

Big exclusive on Barbers new contract. As much as some might not like him or enjoy a joke about him he's a massive asset to this club and someone I am sure a lot of other top clubs would like to poach!

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
100%. I can't understand why Paul Barber gets such a hard time. We are in very safe hands from Tony down.

I’m not sure he does get such a hard time, I think the vast majority of fans really appreciate his worth, and are very happy he’s with the Albion. Inevitably, some people just like to moan for the sake of it, and nothing will change that. Saddos.

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
Little old Brighton, playing European football, who would have thunk it!

In the next five years though? I'm not so sure. Firstly we have to get away from this wretched relegation scrap, and then simply look towards making ourselves an established Premier League club, maybe then we can start thinking more ambitiously.

That said, if we survive this season, it will mean a fifth consecutive season in the top flight, everyone in the club is determined to make European football happen, the players, the management, and certainly the fans. Let's all hope we get to see it.

When you consider some of the prem sides we have been competitive against that have beaten teams in Europe, you have to say we could hold our own in a Euro competition. Obviously qualifying is the biggest hurdle

D

Deleted member 2719

Nice job.:thumbsup:

Harty 1 Roar 0

:whistle:

One question for your next interview with him, could be what was his biggest learning curve or even mistake in the 9 years?

And who emails him most, TB or an NSC poster???

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Nice one Ian.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Albion in Europe?

Will the players be performing the song themselves?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Thanks for that Harty, really enjoyable to watch and very informative as well. You actually asked questions I was interested in!

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
Great job Ian, really enjoyed it and as others have said we are so lucky to have people like TB and PB running our club. If the program is a success who else have you got on your list to interview?

:thumbsup:

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Nice interview, thanks for putting it together and sharing [emoji106] can only echo what others have said, Paul always comes across well and is a good voice for our club. With him, Graham and Tony we’re in safe hands.

And I agree him. As long as we continue to make incremental improvements across the club year on year, if we get in the top half there’s always a shout of sneaking into Europe. Definitely not impossible.

That said, hope he’s cautious stating that long term goal publicly as some numpteys may use it as a stick to beat our manager with if we don’t qualify for Europe (as some did for us not being top 10). But long term, like our top 10 finish, makes complete sense as a vision for the club.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here