Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Latest TV Paul Barber: Albion in Europe?

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Latest TV asked me to do a pilot for a One to One series with local personalities, and Mr Barber kindly obliged.

I hope you enjoy it, couple of points,perhaps the editing could have been better (but its a pilot) and I'm clearly never going to be Michael Parkinson or even Cecil for that matter, but I'm enjoying doing it :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2p3oxg4sSSw

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Well done Sir

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Really interesting, especially around "noise on the pitch" view and future career! Europe in five years .... yes, I can see it!

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Clicked on this only planning to watch a minute or so and intending to watch it tonight.

But I watched it straight through beginning to end. Very interesting and just reinforces the fact that compared to the chaotic leadership regimes at other clubs we are very, very lucky to have such professional, rational and measured people running the Albion.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
That was great Ian. A real coup for yourself to get an interview with Paul Barber.

A couple of things that made me prick up my ears, the first was that he was expecting a full capacity at the start of next season (which I'm not expecting).
And secondly that he said he's just agreed a new contract with Tony Bloom so anticipates being at the club for the foreseeable future. Both snippets were very good news to hear.

Once again, well done and I look forward to the next one.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Really interesting, especially around "noise on the pitch" view and future career! Europe in five years .... yes, I can see it!

Little old Brighton, playing European football, who would have thunk it!

In the next five years though? I'm not so sure. Firstly we have to get away from this wretched relegation scrap, and then simply look towards making ourselves an established Premier League club, maybe then we can start thinking more ambitiously.

That said, if we survive this season, it will mean a fifth consecutive season in the top flight, everyone in the club is determined to make European football happen, the players, the management, and certainly the fans. Let's all hope we get to see it.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Latest TV asked me to do a pilot for a One to One series...and Mr Barber kindly obliged.

Just one minor criticism, if I may? Lots about his views on football but nothing about his flying career. :shrug:

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Don't you just feel totally chilled out about the Albion after listening to Paul Barber.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Well done Ian, very good indeed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here