Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 9-12/4/21

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Fulham have a good chance to ensure a dampening of bed linen across Tyneside and Newcastle tomorrow night.

Friday 9th April 2021
Fulham v Wolves (20:00) - BT Sport

Saturday 10th April 2021
Man City v Leeds United (12:30) - BT Sport
Liverpool v Aston Villa (15:00) - Sky Sports
Crystal Palace v Chelsea (17:30) - Sky Sports

Sunday 11th April 2021
Burnley v Newcastle United (12:00) - Sky Sports
West Ham United v Leicester City (14:05) - Sky Sports
Tottenham Hotspur v Man Utd (16:30) - Sky Sports
Sheffield United v Arsenal (19:00) - BT Sport

Monday 12th April 2021
West Brom v Southampton (18:00) - Sky Sports
Brighton & Hove Albion v Everton (20:15) - Sky Sports

Screenshot 2021-04-08 at 23.41.54.png

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Fulham have a good chance to ensure a dampening of bed linen across Tyneside and Newcastle tomorrow night.
Cleverly worded. A win for Fulham would see sheets hanging out of windows much closer to home.

Followed by a full on tsunami of piss in B&H on Monday night should we end it level on points with Newcastle and just three ahead of the mighty Cottagers...

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Hmm. I can’t make up my mind whether I want Toon v Burnley to end in a draw or a win for Burnley.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
Cleverly worded. A win for Fulham would see sheets hanging out of windows much closer to home.

Followed by a full on tsunami of piss in B&H on Monday night should we end it level on points with Newcastle and just three ahead of the mighty Cottagers...

So it should, but if Fulham, Newcastle and us all won then we have just dragged at least Burnley and Wolves into the equation and I think the more teams involved the more chance we have to survive.

Robinjakarta

Jul 14, 2014
Jakarta
So it should, but if Fulham, Newcastle and us all won then we have just dragged at least Burnley and Wolves into the equation and I think the more teams involved the more chance we have to survive.

Maybe. It's difficult to call:

Fulham win: Wolves at worst for us 3 points above us and Fulham 3 below. If we win, we go above them on goal difference.
Fulham draw: Fulham remain at least 5 points below us and Wolves 1-4 points above us depending on our result.
Wolves win: Keeps Fulham 3-6 points behind us.

Newcastle win: Keeps Burnley at worst one point behind us.
Draw: Keeps Newcastle at least 2 points behind us.
Burnley win: Keeps Newcastle 3-6 points below us.

The only thing I can say for sure is if we win, it doesn't matter, and it may not matter whatever we do. As for tonight, I really don't know. I'm inclined towards glass half full and that we gain with any result.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003

No.

We'd have more chance of surviving if Newcastle and Fulham lose, and keep losing, and it's just between them.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003

A Fulham win could drag Wolves into a bit of bother and would give us another club we could catch. There's often one team that falls like a stone and even though I'd be surprised if that happened, it still would bring another club above us into reach.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
If Fulham fail again for the third time in a row when bigged up for 3 points I cannot see a way back for them.

Their manager sounded very desperate and angry post Villa game, be interesting to see what his body language is like if they get this one wrong again.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
There will be damp sheets for some on Monday if Fulham win and we lose to Everton.

Hopefully Wolves finish Scotty Parker’s boys off tonight and we can relax.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Another weekend when the games are played in order from 18th position upwards.
Wolves, on 35 pts will never get 'dragged in'. They play next Sheff Utd H, Burnley H, WBA A & BHA H. The dream run in so a win tonight for them please.
Burnley, on 33 pts, could feel insecure with some hard games coming up but also trips to Fulham & Sheff Utd. But rather they put one over the Toon just to keep Newcastle below us.
Of course all of this will be forgotten when we win Monday and 35 pts makes us all but safe. But nothing is guaranteed in life, except Germany winning on penalties.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Clumsily worded - it was supposed to say Tyneside and Sussex!

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
No.

We'd have more chance of surviving if Newcastle and Fulham lose, and keep losing, and it's just between them.
Surely we would have more chance of staying up if five teams were fighting for survival rather than 3?

If the 3 of us won we would still be 6 clear of relegation and 4 teams would have to better our remaining results. There isnt much chance of any team going on a 7 or 8 game pointless streak. Also with 1.9million pound at steak for each position and people wanting to see tangable Progres on the field it could be the best thing to happen.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Surely we would have more chance of staying up if five teams were fighting for survival rather than 3?

If the 3 of us won we would still be 6 clear of relegation and 4 teams would have to better our remaining results. There isnt much chance of any team going on a 7 or 8 game pointless streak. Also with 1.9million pound at steak for each position and people wanting to see tangable Progres on the field it could be the best thing to happen.

Looking at the relegation zone we just need Fulham to Fillet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
There will be damp sheets for some on Monday if Fulham win and we lose to Everton.

Hopefully Wolves finish Scotty Parker’s boys off tonight and we can relax.
If Fulham win I look forward to the usual suspect or two declaring the Everton game as a "must win" game for us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here