The old ladies on the way out after the final whistle

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

FD4F7AD1-0C19-49BD-853E-FD5A997753F7.jpeg

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Bridcutt vs Carlisle for me......

I quite enjoyed Dean Hammond shitting himself when provoked the crowd, after he’d equalised for Stains against us....

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Home to Leeds October 2004, 2 red cards for Leeds, we win 1-0 thanks to an own goal

The wonderful job the groundsman did in the early years in turning what was a replica of the Baseball Ground pitch from the mid 70s (complete with occasional mole holes) into an almost decent pitch,

Forget who it was against but Adam El Abd missing from about two inches out

The intense rivalry between Nicky Forster and Glenn Murray to be the record holder for the most offsides in the Withdean years

Home to Exeter City December 2000, 2-0 win but Exeter give a perfect performance in how to be cynical without getting any red cards, as a total of 10 of their players pick up yellows (from memory all for fouls on Zamora)

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Can we have "All of March 2011"?

I'd also include the 4-3 vs Dagenham, Glenn Murray's debut sticks in the mid, Swindon obviously, Mansfield Town 6-0, but also I loved the Forest friendly

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
I remember the Zamora goal v Halifax ? The when the ball hit the net a huge plume of water cascaded up into the air , it was magnificent.

The Hawk in action was a rollercoaster ride of emotions , I lost count of the Oh fk Colin moments .

I think the Man City game pips it , it was a remarkable achievement all things considered.

Couldn't get a ticket for the Swindon home game so don't know what it was like , bloody JCL's glory hunters .

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
4-0 win against Blackpool on a baking hot bank holiday in August, 2001.

Just a fantastic day and everything that's great about football.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The comeback against Leicester after being hammered in the first half

"He's got a pine apple on his head" versus Forest

"He's got an omlette on his head" West stand steward

"Cheer up Barry Fry, oh what could it mean, to a fat cockney wanker and a shit football team"

The Zamora goal in the north where it came over his shoulder and he volleyed it into the net (or something like that)

Neville Southall keeping a clean sheet for a hapless Torquay in one of the finest lower league keeper displays of the known universe

Getting into the pub at the ground at noon for three pints and a slap up meal before the match

"What's said a football stays at football" (as noted by @Dick Knight's mumm on several occasions)

a personal one - watching the footy with my son, week in week out, from his 12th to 16th year (when he lost interest).

"Hoof it!.............Quality hoof"

"Oy Ref! It's people like you that give b'stards like me a bad name"

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Can we have "All of March 2011"?

I'd also include the 4-3 vs Dagenham, Glenn Murray's debut sticks in the mid, Swindon obviously, Mansfield Town 6-0, but also I loved the Forest friendly

March 2011. Eight games, eight victories, maximum points.

Jaxie

Dec 2, 2018
Far East (Sussex)
As noted above; Swindon, Zamora v Halifax and beating Chesterfield to win the league. Also getting a point against Ipswich and staying up on the last day of the season (2005?) as I got to speak to Des Lyman after running on the pitch after the final whistle. And the 4-1 win against wolves in 2003 that gave us a glimmer of a chance of staying up.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Any of the pitch invasions ... staying up with Slade, or the promotions (two in the one match, everyone jumped the gun, was that Dagenham?).

With (was it?) Samrah on the PA saying “keep off the pitch” like a stuck record. Completely ignored. All on youtube.

Also, Sandaza’s 97th minute winner against Oldham in the warm September sunshine. Dickov had come with a kill football strategy, it was so sweet to the only team that wanted to play. Unexpectedly, we went top and have never looked back. Walking home up Colebrook Road with my young son, was amazing, everyone chatting with others.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I'm still not a fan of their's. I read on their forum a while ago that they're not particularly fond of us either. A few of their fans were moaning about the recpetion they got at withdean with the huge brown envelope we made.

When you reflect back on it, one of the things they got caught doing was regarding the Luke Beckett transfer. They signed him from Chester with a fee decided by a tribunal. They told the FA they were going to pay him £500 a week, but secretly paid him 1K a week. The lower figure for the wages meant the tribunal set them a lower transfer fee. That's pretty sh***y at the best of times, but when you think Chester later went out of business, getting shafted for one of their biggest assets clearly didn't help them. Cheaterfield fully deserved the grief they got at the time, and if they still don't feel they did anything wrong then they deserve to still be seen as cheats.

What I loved about that is that they were caught and severely punished pretty swiftly. Until that punishment was handed out, they were arrogantly heading to be champs. Instead, chumps. Fair play for once to the FL or FA?

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
'You're not there yet Swindon fans...'

[yt]lQOXh_VDvSA[/yt]

So this...Was at the side of the pitch when this went in... one of my fav footy moments. Winning the pens was the cherry on top... "hit the, you're gonna hit the bar"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here