Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Co-Op, Is this living up to their Ethical policy

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Co-op lost any and all claims to the ethical high ground a few years back, largely on account of their crackhead cgairman

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...gency-chairman-sex-drugs-emails-a8242456.html

**** the Co-op. They need to go to the wall in the 21st century for exactly the same reason WH Smith need to. Gutted for all the good people who will lose their jobs with those relics tho, including a few very good friends of mine :down:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Co-op lost any and all claims to the ethical high ground a few years back, largely on account of their crackhead cgairman

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...gency-chairman-sex-drugs-emails-a8242456.html

**** the Co-op. They need to go to the wall in the 21st century for exactly the same reason WH Smith need to. Gutted for all the good people who will lose their jobs with those relics tho, including a few very good friends of mine :down:

It won't go to the wall. The expansion over the last thirty years has been huge. When I worked at the HO we only had about 30 stores.

Brighton & Hove was independent until 1993, then got swallowed by CWS. After that it grew rapidly.

It tried to retain some independence but failed. I was made redundant in September 1993, paid off, and taken back on two months later- only to be made redundant again 18 months later. Still, nice pay-offs.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Never get their funeral care, watched a programme about it a while ago, not good!

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
Co-op lost any and all claims to the ethical high ground a few years back, largely on accounting of their [/B]crackhead cgairman[/B]

Aka 'the crystal methodist'

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
It won't go to the wall. The expansion over the last thirty years has been huge. When I worked at the HO we only had about 30 stores.

Brighton & Hove was independent until 1993, then got swallowed by CWS. After that it grew rapidly.

It tried to retain some independence but failed. I was made redundant in September 1993, paid off, and taken back on two months later- only to be made redundant again 18 months later. Still, nice pay-offs.

Co-op might have 'expanded' massively, but at some point fairly recently its food and drink started to look expensive, even compared to the likes of Saino's, let alone the Vorsprung Durch Technik brigade. Co-op can 'grow' as much as it likes, but it's also clearly doomed earlydoors

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
I honestly can't stand the Co-Op. It's expensive for the sake of it and they're usually trying to get into old pub premises. I'm not a fan and they are always my very final choice for somewhere to go to. Boo them, I say. Boo.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here