Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Next season's kits: Predictions!

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
** Warning, massive kit-geekery ahead **

So, every year I get down a bit of a photoshopping rabbit hole having a play to see what sort of kits we could get each season.

To get a decent prediction you need a few things:

- This season's "templates"
- What other Nike teams have got
- The club's strategy

First off, let's talk about templates.
Every kit we get is a template. There are degrees of customisation, but every kit will be taken from a base structure with interchangable collars, custom patterns, colours etc.

In recent years, we've got a "fully custom" home shirt, where we've got a break in the stripes, an underlying pattern, our own colours etc. But our away kit has been the same 15 quid shirt straight out of the catalogue with a crest and Amex logo slapped on it. Last year though, they made a bit of a change with us and some other teams by offering the catalogue jobby but in custom colours. I'd imagine that trend will continue this year.

The main template being used is the same one the England kit was based on, it's got those lightning bolts down the sides and looks like everyone is getting it but with slightly different collars/sleeves.

What's around now:
Untitled-3.png

With that in mind...

Home Kit
Structure: We had a collar this year, they're divisive. We've have v-necks in the most recent seasons. So I think we'll go for the round collar above.
Design strategy: We've had all blue this season, so next year it will either be a traditional return to the stripes OR something really out there and bonkers.
Colours: I love the red numbers. But yellow is all over our branding at the stadium so maybe red will take a backseat for a while.. I know it's a bit . It'll either be just blue/white or blue/white/yellow.

So here's a couple guesses:
Untitled-1.png

Away kit
Structure: Bog-standard teamwear kit out of the catalogue.
Design strategy: Assuming we'll keep our yellow as a third shirt, it won't be yellow. We've had black recently, red would be a possibility based on our historic away kits and a chance to contrast against the blue/white and yellow. But I think we might go for a colour we've used a fair bit in our digital marketing stuff. That nice, seafront-railing turquoise colour. I took one of the above kits and I would be pretty happy with that. Or a bit of that colour and a black version.

Untitled-2.png
Park Derby III template

So that's it from me. Would love to see some better photoshops than mine based on what we could really get. What do you reckon?

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I prefer them all to our current kits

Like the (heavily) yellow trimmed home kit and the black away kit. The turquoise one looks more like a goalie kit

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Black away kits >>>

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Clearly going to be two luridly-coloured one-season-only plain numbers - cos you always MUST have a third kit available :)rolleyes:) - and the main one that vaguely approximates to the stripes :shrug:

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
** Warning, massive kit-geekery ahead **

So, every year I get down a bit of a photoshopping rabbit hole having a play to see what sort of kits we could get each season.

To get a decent prediction you need a few things:

- This season's "templates"
- What other Nike teams have got
- The club's strategy

First off, let's talk about templates.
Every kit we get is a template. There are degrees of customisation, but every kit will be taken from a base structure with interchangable collars, custom patterns, colours etc.

In recent years, we've got a "fully custom" home shirt, where we've got a break in the stripes, an underlying pattern, our own colours etc. But our away kit has been the same 15 quid shirt straight out of the catalogue with a crest and Amex logo slapped on it. Last year though, they made a bit of a change with us and some other teams by offering the catalogue jobby but in custom colours. I'd imagine that trend will continue this year.

The main template being used is the same one the England kit was based on, it's got those lightning bolts down the sides and looks like everyone is getting it but with slightly different collars/sleeves.

What's around now:
View attachment 135685

With that in mind...

Home Kit
Structure: We had a collar this year, they're divisive. We've have v-necks in the most recent seasons. So I think we'll go for the round collar above.
Design strategy: We've had all blue this season, so next year it will either be a traditional return to the stripes OR something really out there and bonkers.
Colours: I love the red numbers. But yellow is all over our branding at the stadium so maybe red will take a backseat for a while.. I know it's a bit . It'll either be just blue/white or blue/white/yellow.

So here's a couple guesses:
View attachment 135681

Away kit
Structure: Bog-standard teamwear kit out of the catalogue.
Design strategy: Assuming we'll keep our yellow as a third shirt, it won't be yellow. We've had black recently, red would be a possibility based on our historic away kits and a chance to contrast against the blue/white and yellow. But I think we might go for a colour we've used a fair bit in our digital marketing stuff. That nice, seafront-railing turquoise colour. I took one of the above kits and I would be pretty happy with that. Or a bit of that colour and a black version.

View attachment 135682
Park Derby III template

So that's it from me. Would love to see some better photoshops than mine based on what we could really get. What do you reckon?

I would LOVE it to be that first home kit with the yellow trim, that's beautiful! That would encourage me to buy my first replica shirt for about 6 years since I bought the Zamora one.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I prefer traditional. As always Bukta is king.

I did notice last night Portos kit looked good. a million miles better than our curent obomination. Nike should stick to making wanky running gear, therir footbal kits are crap.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
If it's not stripes we riot.

And by riot we mean, moan on a messageboard before ordering 2 full kits for our kids who've whinged for 10 minutes that their mate has got one and we've caved in.

That's the sort of supporter power our club has to contend with

Ratso2005

Dec 4, 2004
Has anyone calculated the total numbers of seasons the team has spent in stripes versus all blue versus blue with white sleeves versus other variations?

I'd be genuinely interested to know. I'd be perfectly happy if we reverted to stripes but I like all blue (with pinstripes) and so I'm not dogmatically wedded to the stripes as many others seem to be.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Shave, paint or brand squad numbers onto the back or top of each player’s head and we can bypass the disastrous white panel on the backs of the shirt. Failing that, have big numbers on the backs of the shorts instead.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I usually look at the typically less fussy Hertha BSC kit and wonder why we can’t have the same.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
And by riot we mean, moan on a messageboard before ordering 2 full kits for our kids who've whinged for 10 minutes that their mate has got one and we've caved in.

That's the sort of supporter power our club has to contend with

Ha. I really don't like the current home shirt.... and we have THREE of them in our household. *sob*

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Something like the black and yellow kit bottom left in the opening post as our away kit please.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Just ditch the white choir boy collar. The rest will sort itself (stripes, obviously).

collar.PNG

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here