Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Dortmund's Bellingham 'disallowed goal' at Man City

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
An absolute howler by the referee of the Man City v Dortmund game.
Bellingham poked the ball past Ederson on the edge of the area as Ederson clattered in to the Dortmund youngster.
Before Bellingham rolled the ball into the empty net the referee mistakenly blew for a free kick for Man City.

The replay showed Bellingham didn't commit any foul, but VAR couldn't be used because the referee had blown his whistle rather than wait a couple of seconds.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
An absolute howler by the referee of the Man City v Dortmund game.
Bellingham poked the ball past Ederson on the edge of the area as Ederson clattered in to the Dortmund youngster.
Before Bellingham rolled the ball into the empty net the referee mistakenly blew for a free kick for Man City.

The replay showed Bellingham didn't commit any foul, but VAR couldn't be used because the referee had blown his whistle rather than wait a couple of seconds.

Who's the ref, Deanicuntis

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
This is why VAR is important.

It can't be taken away and needs to be implemented properly. Ref needs dropping for this. Far too convenient that the whistle gets blown IMO, in a game where we are constantly told they are keeping their flags down, playing on etc. I think the ref saw what was coming and couldn't be bothered with the fall out.

I make all these comments, of course, based on this one clip.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
[TWEET]1379519969478709251[/TWEET]

This outright cheating from Ederson is what European football and even worse international comps is all about and why I couldn't give a shite about it. It's only on as my son is watching.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Looks okay. No contact with boot.

Just as bad earlier when the penalty was awarded. Rhodri should have been booked for simulation.

Was pleased VAR was around for that.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
This is the worst piece of refereeing I’ve seen in a long time.

At least he reversed the penalty and you can always make an argument against marginal penalty decisions like the one at OT.

But there are just no excuses for that. In a game as important as this with such high stakes that is unforgivable.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
City chocking again maybe?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

different rules for VAR in european games?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Assume you don’t watch the PL either then?

I know, I know. It's getting worse here but is still even more so in European/International games.

I hate it and the screams, it's cringeworthy.

Really hate our players doing it. Connolly would never do it if I was manager, he'd be shown up for doing it, zero tolerance for cheating.

They should ban anyone for simulation whether actually touched or not. 5 game ban that'll stop it straight away.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
different rules for VAR in european games?

No, it's the same rules.
Just like Lee Mason blowing his whistle before Lewis Dunk put the ball in the West Brom goal. The referee blew his whistle tonight before Bellingham rolled the ball in the net.
In both cases VAR couldn't be used because the ref had blown his whistle to stop the game before the ball went in the net.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
No, it's the same rules.
Just like Lee Mason blowing his whistle before Lewis Dunk put the ball in the West Brom goal. The referee blew his whistle tonight before Bellingham rolled the ball in the net.
In both cases VAR couldn't be used because the ref had blown his whistle to stop the game before the ball went in the net.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. The West Brom goal was after the ball was in. Don't change what happened.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
This is the worst piece of refereeing I’ve seen in a long time.

At least he reversed the penalty and you can always make an argument against marginal penalty decisions like the one at OT.

But there are just no excuses for that. In a game as important as this with such high stakes that is unforgivable.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Our game at WBA? Worse imo and far more important as well.

McTavish

Nov 5, 2014
This outright cheating from Ederson is what European football and even worse international comps is all about and why I couldn't give a shite about it. It's only on as my son is watching.

Bit harsh. Ederson has just whacked the bottom of Bellingham's boot with his toe. That's going to hurt.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Reminded me a bit of Stephen’s getting kicked against boro and being sent off and seeing us eventually miss out on promotion. How else was he supposed to get the ball?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Bit harsh. Ederson has just whacked the bottom of Bellingham's boot with his toe. That's going to hurt.

What TOSH the most Edison did was brush the shin of Bellingham he never got close to his boot. He cheated and it's disgusting.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Bellingham lucky not to get a red card. Got the ball, but studs slightly showing, opponent kicks him and falls over. What Ederson should surely have done is rolled down his socks, made a cut on his leg, then knocked the yellow card out of the ref's hand to make him change it to a red?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here