Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Eating outside in Brighton and Hove

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Where do you think is going to be a good bet for some (relatively) covid secure meals out in the city this spring?

Are there going to be any “pop up” outside eateries do you think?
Could there be road closures, for example, Preston St or East St to allow more outside dining?
Out of the existing options where do you think would work best with the current regulations and would be safest?
Do you see most pubs and restaurants reopening with distancing, or do you think many will stay closed due to the difficulty in making profit?
Do you think some will have closed for good?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If the weather doesn’t change I suggest you’d have to be a Northerner to eat outside :lolol:

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Jo & Co has really nice food & good service in church rd - hove . Seating for around 14 outside . Also The Connaught nearby in Hove st has a decent sized beer garden & decent food .

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
if you haven't booked then good luck

Happy to hang on a while, i'm thinking more over May and June.

It makes sense to me that existing restaurants try to make more provision outside.

In particular, it would make sense to work with the council for places like Preston St, to get the roads closed by 6pm and all day weekends to have some outside tables. (clearly a high power pressure washer and a few fairy lights would probably be needed before punters came in).

Just wondered if anyone knows of any plans in this regard? Or had any opinions whether this sort of thing should be happening?

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
You could always ride, train, run, cycle or scoot out to Kenny Tutt's mobile eatery in Ferring and then eat your meal 200 yards away down on the beach near the Blue Bird cafe.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011

It makes sense to me that existing restaurants try to make more provision outside.

In particular, it would make sense to work with the council for places like Preston St, to get the roads closed by 6pm and all day weekends to have some outside tables. (clearly a high power pressure washer and a few fairy lights would probably be needed before punters came in).

Just wondered if anyone knows of any plans in this regard? Or had any opinions whether this sort of thing should be happening?

Great idea...but they'd have to get quite imaginative to sort out the problems with the massive slope!

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom

Think I'd be more worried about the Seagulls than the cars!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
You could always ride, train, run, cycle or scoot out to Kenny Tutt's mobile eatery in Ferring and then eat your meal 200 yards away down on the beach near the Blue Bird cafe.

I think he's finished that now hasn't he? - oh no, 1 weekend left

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016

Can’t say I’ve ever been to Ferring , but the bluebird cafe in Chelsea ( Kings rd ) is lovely with a great outside terrace too ..

brianwade

Jan 31, 2008
ive booked a table at the new Shelter Hall - outside on seafront . For April 30th - choice of 6/7 restuarants to choose from and they say there'll be live music as well

South Stand Bonfire

Who lit that match then?
NSC Patron
Jan 24, 2009
Shoreham-a-la-mer
ive booked a table at the new Shelter Hall - outside on seafront . For April 30th - choice of 6/7 restuarants to choose from and they say there'll be live music as well

I’ve just booked the Crab Shack in Worthing for 1st May. They have a canopy covered outside terrace and the booking website also mentioned they have a place at the Shelter Halls.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I think they are, I can’t see myself going to a cafe when they open up again. :wink:

What with the daily trip to the merchants and all.

4F4DDA06-897F-466E-99B6-5482B3237A97.png

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
:) I used to live very close to that cafe, and I was a regular visitor.

We need a Selco Builders merchants in Newhaven, when I went to Charlton away a few years back I went in there before the match as they had a decent cafe.
A cafe in a builders merchants.....whoever thought of this idea? :clap2:

Over the years I used Mac’s occasionally, nice bacon or sausage sarnies.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here