Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Ex footballers in the Boxing ring, who would you match and be happy to pay to watch?

• Thread starter Deleted member 2719
  • Start date

D

Deleted member 2719

So with the Dunk v Maguire thing drawing a bit of attention, could it end up with another big payday when they retire?

Who would drag in the punters?

I would love to see Vinnie Jones V Gary linker.

Would it be bare-knuckle fighting, cage fighting, boxing or wrestling?

I can see Savage in a leotard now, Robbie not lily.

:rave:

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Sensible answer. Shane Duffy’s probably got a good right hook on him.

Any random pairing? Would be quite amusing to see some PL managers square up. Sean Dyche would obviously be the winner.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Subtext

"I hate the socially liberal Lineker and am going to have yet another pop at him on NSC by stating the bleedin' obvious fact that he's not as hard as Vinny Jones. I shall dress this up with a "Joke" to make it less obvious"

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

Any random pairing? Would be quite amusing to see some PL managers square up. Sean Dyche would obviously be the winner.

I remember seeing Alladyce play. I wouldn't like to have messed with him when he was in his prime

Clearly because his age, Dyche would have the better of him but at the same age, my money would be on BFS

D

Deleted member 2719

Yes, maybe we could have ex-managers and their players, I wonder if Gus might like a pop at a few in his time?

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I remember seeing Alladyce play. I wouldn't like to have messed with him when he was in his prime

Clearly because his age, Dyche would have the better of him but at the same age, my money would be on BFS

BFS could still probably take a few punches I reckon. Ditto Steve Bruce. Wouldn’t go down easy.

D

Deleted member 2719

Subtext

"I hate the socially liberal Lineker and am going to have yet another pop at him on NSC by stating the bleedin' obvious fact that he's not as hard as Vinny Jones. I shall dress this up with a "Joke" to make it less obvious"

Blimey, GB, you're sharp today.

Come on crack a smile, it is alright to have fun on this forum, isn't it???

Who knows Gazza might throw a lucky punch???

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Zaha v Jack Sockboy would be fun, who would take a dive first? :)

They would just be there protecting their hair and not throwing any punches though :shrug:

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
I know the obvious choices would be Viera v Keane, Bremner v Alan Ball ect ect but I wonder who would be the stand out footballer cum boxer no one could deck.

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
Pat Nevin vs Graeme Le Saux :catfight:

I reckon it would go 15 rounds without a punch being thrown and the result would be decided over a cup of coffee and a discussion of the merits of Jean-Paul Sartre.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here