Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] REALISTIC signings for next season?

I am hoping TB can persuade Welbeck to stay for another season but wonder if Welbeck might want a massive payrise to stay or hope to get a year at another team (Everton, Villa maybe?) Assuming he goes we will definitely need a replacement - dont think Connely or Zequiri are quite ready for first choice yet.

What about Mitrovic on a 2 year? Does anyone know anything about Toney (Maupays replacement at Brentford?-assuming they dont get promoted) 28 goals this season and scoring for fun. Untried i know in this league but he obviously knows where the goal is. Think pre-covid they would have held onto him but with most Championship teams and lower really struggling they might want to cash in on him?

Regardless who it is should we go early and try and tie up a player early or wait to see how Andone is in pre-season?

Thoughts?

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
I can only foresee us signing anybody if we sell. Otherwise we will continue with what we have.

I do not see Welbeck going to anybody 'better' than us. It is more a question of whether we want him to stay and meet his wage 'demands'.

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
I am hoping TB can persuade Welbeck to stay for another season but wonder if Welbeck might want a massive payrise to stay or hope to get a year at another team (Everton, Villa maybe?) Assuming he goes we will definitely need a replacement - dont think Connely or Zequiri are quite ready for first choice yet.

What about Mitrovic on a 2 year? Does anyone know anything about Toney (Maupays replacement at Brentford?-assuming they dont get promoted) 28 goals this season and scoring for fun. Untried i know in this league but he obviously knows where the goal is. Think pre-covid they would have held onto him but with most Championship teams and lower really struggling they might want to cash in on him?

Regardless who it is should we go early and try and tie up a player early or wait to see how Andone is in pre-season?

Thoughts?

No chance Welbeck goes to Villa or Everton. They both have far superior options.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
No chance Welbeck goes to Villa or Everton. They both have far superior options.

This. Welbeck will stay with us. Considering he was released by Watford we've done a fantastic job with his fitness and I assume both parties will want another season out of it.

I can't see us signing a "name" striker either. One day people on here might come round to the realisation that our current attacking options are what we'll be using for a while. We have two established strikers in Maupay and Welbeck who are good Premier League players and key to the way we create chances. We have a very good looking up and coming player in Zeqiri and have been nursing Andone back into the fold.

Connolly and/or Tau maybe loaned out if Andone is part of our plans but I don't see an incomer.

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
This. Welbeck will stay with us. Considering he was released by Watford we've done a fantastic job with his fitness and I assume both parties will want another season out of it.

I can't see us signing a "name" striker either. One day people on here might come round to the realisation that our current attacking options are what we'll be using for a while. We have two established strikers in Maupay and Welbeck who are good Premier League players and key to the way we create chances. We have a very good looking up and coming player in Zeqiri and have been nursing Andone back into the fold.

Connolly and/or Tau maybe loaned out if Andone is part of our plans but I don't see an incomer.

I have a feeling we'll go back in for Boulaye Dia.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Is Tau currently injured or just out of favour?

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton

Thoughts?

Mitro has hardly set the Prem alight in each of his seasons here. Toney? Maybe, he’s scored plenty in the Championship but so did Maupay.

I’m hopeful there’s another more untapped forward being lined up from the global or South American market. Moises is an example of the talent you can acquire at a far more affordable price. Or a Nunez type is another possibility. I’d be surprised if we go for Toney.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Other than strikers... One player there is a bit of chatter about is James Garner. Midfield. At Forest on loan from Man U.

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
Mitro has hardly set the Prem alight in each of his seasons here. Toney? Maybe, he’s scored plenty in the Championship but so did Maupay.

I’m hopeful there’s another more untapped forward being lined up from the global or South American market. Moises is an example of the talent you can acquire at a far more affordable price. Or a Nunez type is another possibility. I’d be surprised if we go for Toney.

But he's not first team ready yet.

m@goo

Feb 20, 2020
Whoever we get in there's much more chance they'll be quality now that we play a style of football that players love playing, lots of passing and chance creation. If Welbeck and Lallana are still playing then they are an attraction for better players too.

Poppett63

Jul 16, 2011
A player who wants to stay in the Premier League and would thrive on the chances we create - SAN AGUERO

Even his mentor would like to play for us and he wants to bring on young MacAllister too, for his country.

You have to dream, as we did against Doncaster at the Goldstone all those years ago

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
We desperately need cover for Lamptey and March. I floated the idea of George Baldock as cover for Lamptey on another thread and as for LWB, not sure about Karbo as we’ve not seen him but he either needs another loan or to be given a chance. And then cover any outgoings (thinking Bissouma), maybe someone like Sander Berge (We were apparently in for him before he went to Sheffield) or Matt Grimes (Swansea). If he’s not in Tuchels plans, I’d love to see us go for someone like Tammy Abraham, even if it’s just a loan.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
I’d love to sign Toney (Brentford) and Perreira (WBA)

We’d have to sell at least one of our big guns, but both are playing well this season.

Toney for me is the best championship player I’ve seen since James Maddison.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
We desperately need cover for Lamptey and March. I floated the idea of George Baldock as cover for Lamptey on another thread and as for LWB, not sure about Karbo as we’ve not seen him but he either needs another loan or to be given a chance. And then cover any outgoings (thinking Bissouma), maybe someone like Sander Berge (We were apparently in for him before he went to Sheffield) or Matt Grimes (Swansea). If he’s not in Tuchels plans, I’d love to see us go for someone like Tammy Abraham, even if it’s just a loan.

I thought that Karbownik was signed as the direct cover/competition for March?

Can’t see us being that active in the summer window to be honest. We will have quite a good squad when everyone is fit and January arrivals have properly bedded in.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here