Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] REALISTIC signings for next season?

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Anyone seen much of Clarke? Would he not be able to step up and move webbo back over to the right?

Webster prefers to play as the Left CB, and you can tell he enjoys it as he plays better there than at Right CB. I'm not sure if we'll keep Clarke, might be sold as we still have BDB as back up.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Webster prefers to play as the Left CB, and you can tell he enjoys it as he plays better there than at Right CB. I'm not sure if we'll keep Clarke, might be sold as we still have BDB as back up.
Really? It looked more as if he was moved to LCB to accommodate White. Clarke would be an obvious left sided replacement if White leaves and Webster moved back to his natural position.
Or possibly Webster might have to stay at LCB to accommodate Ostigard, who's made it pretty clear he wants progress or offski.

I see from the BBC Gossip column that we're 'interested' in Tavernier. Can't see it myself - two or three years ago, yes, but I think we've moved on. Mind you, he does ping across lovely crosses!

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Really? It looked more as if he was moved to LCB to accommodate White. Clarke would be an obvious left sided replacement if White leaves and Webster moved back to his natural position.
Or possibly Webster might have to stay at LCB to accommodate Ostigard, who's made it pretty clear he wants progress or offski.

I see from the BBC Gossip column that we're 'interested' in Tavernier. Can't see it myself - two or three years ago, yes, but I think we've moved on. Mind you, he does ping across lovely crosses!

I think you may find that there is a big gulf in ability between Clarke and White, although playing regularly for what was a very poor Derby side who only just avoided relegationm may well have hindered his progress.

As for Tavernier, l've often wondered why an EPL or EFL club haven't taken a punt on him before now. Maybe those lovely crosses that he pings across could make all the difference!

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...

I'm not exaggerating when I say I'm pretty sure we've been linked with Tavernier every single window for the last four years

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I think you may find that there is a big gulf in ability between Clarke and White, although playing regularly for what was a very poor Derby side who only just avoided relegationm may well have hindered his progress.

As for Tavernier, l've often wondered why an EPL or EFL club haven't taken a punt on him before now. Maybe those lovely crosses that he pings across could make all the difference!

To be fair, I never said that Clarke was as good as White! Just that if White left and Webster moved back ro RCB, then Clarke would be a possible candidate for the LCB position.

Derby fans seem to be quite pleased with him - obvious question is can he make the step up (and it is a big step) from the EFL to the PL? I don't know, but White, Webster and Dunk all ,amaged it, so who knows? Needless to say, there are those at the club who will have a better idea than we so!

As for Tavernier, he had a pretty uninspiring career around various clubs in England (95 appearances in six years for 9 different clubs) before moving to Rangers, so probably overlooked by many because of that.

Aug 13, 2020
Darlington
To be fair, I never said that Clarke was as good as White! Just that if White left and Webster moved back ro RCB, then Clarke would be a possible candidate for the LCB position.

Derby fans seem to be quite pleased with him - obvious question is can he make the step up (and it is a big step) from the EFL to the PL? I don't know, but White, Webster and Dunk all ,amaged it, so who knows? Needless to say, there are those at the club who will have a better idea than we so!

A Forest supporting friend of mine claimed to have been more impressed with Clarke than White when he saw each of them a couple of years ago. Having said that, when I checked this it turned out that White had been playing in midfield rather than at CB, in a game that Forest won 2-0, so I wouldn't draw any conclusions from that. Derby definitely seemed impressed with Clarke at the end of that season.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I’d like us to be bold and enquire about Daniel James who will be limited now based on Sancho.

Our problem to score more goals is limited to signing and out and out striker, we create enough chances and would expect the wider forward line to convert more.

I’d rather have 3 players converting more (10 a piece) rather than a punt / reliance on developing forward / unproven based on commercial limitations

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is a great shout. In addition to Sancho, United signed 18-year old winger Amad Diallo in January 21 on a 5 year contract for £18 million fee plus £18 million in add-ons. This compares with the £15 million paid for James 2 years ago.

A loan deal for James would be good, a loan to buy would be better. I think he would be sensational in a front 3 for the Albion.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
This is a great shout. In addition to Sancho, United signed 18-year old winger Amad Diallo in January 21 on a 5 year contract for £18 million fee plus £18 million in add-ons. This compares with the £15 million paid for James 2 years ago.

A loan deal for James would be good, a loan to buy would be better. I think he would be sensational in a front 3 for the Albion.

Well Potter having worked wiuth him before, could doubtless get the best out of him.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
And once again the usual chorus echoes out ............................. WHO?

Zambian defensive midfielder expected to leave Red Bull Salzberg destination unknown. Played with Leicester bound countryman Patson Daka last season.
No idea about the source, but not entirely a ridiculous suggestion.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Zambian defensive midfielder expected to leave Red Bull Salzberg destination unknown. Played with Leicester bound countryman Patson Daka last season.
No idea about the source, but not entirely a ridiculous suggestion.
Five year contract? Hope not - we must have learnt our lesson from the financial damage of Locadia's four and a half year and Jahanbakhsh's five year deal not to hand out another five year deal to another hopeful punt! Hopefully the whole thing's just a lot of 'journalist' speculative bollox.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
He was rumoured to be Arsenal's 'cheaper alternative to Bissouma' a few months ago. Wonder if he is our replacement... Not that the sauce has any credibility.

Under 50 followers - not much of a presence, however could be his first exclusive, I doubt it though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here