Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Player ratings at Man U

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Sanchez - 8 - Impeccable handling and passing from the floor. Unbelievably reliable, given his lack of top level experience
Veltman - 7 - Ungainly hoof for their goal. Our worst player, but still pretty good
Dunk - 9 - Stunning performance from our captain
White - 8 - Unlucky not to clear off the line. His commitment to get up and back was terrific
Moder - 7 - Very nice first half and another lovely gifworthy backheel
Bissouma - 8 - Brimming with confidence. Carries, passes tackles. All round CM
Lallana - 9 - MOM - silky, sexy and sumptuous. His passing I mean. Wonderful first half
Trossard - 7 - Linked the play very well first half. Faded quite a bit and had to be subbed.
Maupay - 9 - Brilliant hold up play and assist
Welbeck - 8 - His reaction times haven't dulled. Brilliantly gobbled the rebound. Impressive movement. It's a pen. He got goalside.

MacAllister - 7 - A few loose passes, but one brilliant one

Incredible first half. The fact we got pushed back in the second isn't tactical, isn't tiredness, isn't mindset. It's that Man U have brilliant players like Rashford

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Sanchez - 6. He's class but didn't hold onto the ball in the 2nd half when we needed it and booted the ball out a couple of times.
Veltman - 7
Dunk - 8
White - 8
Moder - 6. Good first half. Poor second. Needed more from him then.
Bissouma - 8. A billion times better than Fred Flinstone in their team.
Lallana - 9. Class
Trossard - 7
Maupay - 8 - Two brilliant crosses
Welbeck - 8

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Sanchez - 8 - Impeccable handling and passing from the floor. Unbelievably reliable, given his lack of top level experience
Veltman - 7 - Ungainly hoof for their goal. Our worst player, but still pretty good
White - 8 - Unlucky not to clear off the line. His commitment to get up and back was terrific
Lallana - 9 - MOM - silky, sexy and sumptuous. His passing I mean. Wonderful first half
Trossard - 7 - Linked the play very well first half. Faded quite a bit and had to be subbed.
Welbeck - 8 - His reaction times haven't dulled. Brilliantly gobbled the rebound. Impressive movement. It's a pen. He got goalside.

Incredible first half. The fact we got pushed back in the second isn't tactical, isn't tiredness, isn't mindset. It's that Man U have brilliant players like Rashford

Downgrade all of these by a point and you’re about right.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Sanchez 8
Veltman 7
White 7
Dunk 9
Gross 8
Moder 7
Bissouma 8
Lallana 9 MOTM
Trossard 7
Maupay 8
Welbeck 8

MacAllister 7
Ali J na
Alzate na

Last edited:

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Tricky one to assess this one. Great in the first half, too passive in the second

Sanchez 8 -- safe hands, calm feet
White 7 -- solid stuff
Dunk 8.5 MotM -- Steve MacManamanaamananamnamnanamn has finally realised that Dunk is top notch
Veltman 6 -- love him, but not his best game
Gross 6
Lallana 7 -- amazing first half, faded second
Bissouma 8 -- a slow start, but very good thereafter
Moder 7.5 -- cracking first half, best player on the pitch, plummeted in the second
Trossard 6
Welbeck 7 -- two good attempts for the goal, thought he should have won a penalty
Maupay 7 -- amazing work rate, stunning cross, his touch lets him down at times

Subs:
Mac Allister 7 -- stunning first time ball for the (non?!?-) penalty
Zeqiri n/a

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Not understanding the high marks for Sanchez who I think should have done better with attempts at both goals, also dropped a few and poor distribution at times. Not singling him out as poor or to blame but everyone is being far too generous on the ratings here as that was easily his worst game for us so far.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
6 - average

Sanchez - 7
Veltman - 6 - sloppy on their first goal
Dunk - 8
White - 7
Moder - 6 - good first, disappointing second
Gross - 7
Bissouma - 8
Lallana - 8
Maupay - 7
Welbeck - 6
Trossard - 6 - see Moder

MacAllister - 5
AJ - n/a
Zeqiri - n/a

Dean - 5

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Is this the "no Gross" alternative reality?

Ahhhhhh

Gross - 7 - Did well. Should foul less blatantly on counter attacks.

Sorry Pascal. I've been on the beers

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Not understanding the high marks for Sanchez who I think should have done better with attempts at both goals, also dropped a few and poor distribution at times. Not singling him out as poor or to blame but everyone is being far too generous on the ratings here as that was easily his worst game for us so far.

Just wow....... couldn’t disagree more. One questionable piece of handling and even that was possibly deflected

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away

You think he could have stopped Rashford's shot? Jeez, you've got high standards

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham

I did wonder if he could have done better with Rashford’s goal. He didn’t seem to be at full stretch, but maybe that’s because Rashford took it early.

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
HTML:

On the NBC stream I watched Lee Dixon said that White was at fault for the goal as he shouldnt have been on the line but should have been marking the goal scorer.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I did wonder if he could have done better with Rashford’s goal. He didn’t seem to be at full stretch, but maybe that’s because Rashford took it early.

??

You are an optimist if you think he was getting to that. Stroked hard and low, first time into the bottom corner.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Sanchez 7 Great stop when Fernandes was through, not to blame for the goals but his kicking was really off tonight.

Veltman 6- Battled well against tough opponents but made the devastating cock up for the first. Should have shot when he had clear sight of goal in the first half as well.

Dunk 8- Pocketed Cavani and led a very strong defensive performance (for the most part).

White 6.5 He did ok but he never seems to perform to the levels Dunk and Webster do when they're on it. Undecided as to whether he should have been better positioned for the first.

Moder 6.5 Very good first half, pretty poor second. Promising though.

Groß 7 Adapted well, made some good deliveries. Maybe needs a bit more discipline to play so defensively!

Trossard 7 Missed him when he went off, great work rate and brilliant footwork. Understandably faded.

Lallana 8 Sublime at times, everything went through him when we were in the ascendancy. We have to keep him fit. I think he may be the most gifted player we have ever had, even more so than Vicente.

Bissouma 7 He was good but not at his absolute best today in my opinion, some sloppy passes and touches which kept us pinned back. Obviously he did his usual though and did his job of shielding the backline.

Maupay 8 Best performance for a long time. Struggled to get into the game second half due to the pressure he was under but his close control and work rate were sublime in the first half. He's becoming a bit of a rich man's Sam Baldock in the way he plays, we just need Murray 2.0 alongside him and we're away.

Welbeck 7 took his goal and posed a threat where possible. Another who will be important for the run in.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

First goal I’ll give to the striker. Could maybe have done better for second. But he also made some excellent shout-and-collects and was otherwise reasonably sound with his play and positioning imho.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
You think he could have stopped Rashford's shot? Jeez, you've got high standards

That goal goes to Rashford, he took it very well and right across Sanchez.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)

Clueless post! Sanchez could do nothing about the goals. Not sure what he did wrong tonight!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here