Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Women's Super League - Brighton 1 Man United 0

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
I watched most of it. The girlies need their own ground as the pitch up north was horrendous! Uneven bounce, holding up, cutting up.....not conducive with the type of football Hope is trying to play

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I watched most of it. The girlies need their own ground as the pitch up north was horrendous! Uneven bounce, holding up, cutting up.....not conducive with the type of football Hope is trying to play

Not sure who is going to stump up for that, given the small handful of spectators who go to these games.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I would like a stadium built that the women, U23, and U18 play. It doesn't have to be big, and I'm not sure where but I would like that to be the next stage.

How nice, when you are as wealthy as the club owner you can make your own decision on spending even more of your well earned money on an additional stadium to the Amex and the massive training facility, hopefully you will also subsidise the huge losses the club make at present.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
How nice, when you are as wealthy as the club owner you can make your own decision on spending even more of your well earned money on an additional stadium to the Amex and the massive training facility, hopefully you will also subsidise the huge losses the club make at present.

Its not as far fetched as you think. When asked about getting rhe women to play nearer to Brighton, Paul Barber said it was something they were going to look into soon.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
It's a shame that Worthing have a plastic pitch. As a location Woodside Road would be ideal but I don't think the WSL allow plastic pitches.
Bognor has a superb surface and facilities but like Crawley is a bit far from Brighton&Hove, I'm not sure what size crowds they would get if they went to Eastbourne, which would alienate the West Sussex fans.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
Perhaps we could hold out an olive branch with Whitehawk. I rhink they wanted to redevelop their ground at one point, and its in Brighton. U23 on a Friday, or Monday Whitehawk on a Saturday and Albion women on a Sunday.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Whats wrong with taking something like Shoreham or Southwick and developing it not only for the women , but also for the local team . Make it a community stadium, and get fans interested

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here