Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Manchester United vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
attachment.php
attachment.php

Man Utd v Albion

PREMIER LEAGUE

Venue: Old Trafford
Date: Sunday 4th April 2021
Kick-off: 19:30 BST
Referee: The Complete And Utter Shyster
Assistants: Darren Cann, Daniel Robathan
Fourth Official: Chris Kavanagh
VAR: Peter Bankes
Additional VAR: Matthew Wilkes

TEAM NEWS

Manchester United could have Marcus Rashford and Mason Greenwood available again after the pair joined in with training on Friday.

However, both Anthony Martial and Victor Lindelof could miss out because of respective knee and back problems.

Brighton remain without Adam Webster, who is recovering from an ankle injury.

Forward Aaron Connolly returned for the Republic of Ireland over the international period but is a doubt again due to a bruised foot.

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

• [*=left]Manchester United have won five successive meetings, scoring three goals in each of the last four.
    [*=left]Brighton have never won at Old Trafford in 12 visits (D2, L10).
Man Utd

• [*=left]Manchester United are looking to keep five consecutive Premier League clean sheets for the first time since August 2017.
    [*=left]All four of United's Premier League defeats this season have come at Old Trafford.
    [*=left]Bruno Fernandes has been involved in four of United's six goals against Brighton in his two league matches against them, scoring three and setting up one.
    [*=left]Fernandes has scored seven winning goals in the Premier League this season, more than any other player. The last player to score more in a season for United was Wayne Rooney, with nine in 2011-12.
Albion

• [*=left]Brighton could win three consecutive Premier League games for the first time since October 2018.
    [*=left]The Seagulls are looking to become the first team since Aston Villa and Chelsea in 2009-10 to win away at both Liverpool and Manchester United in the same Premier League season.
    [*=left]Five of Brighton's seven league wins this season have come away from home.
    [*=left]Danny Welbeck could become the first former Manchester United player to score three Premier League goals against them after leaving the club. His previous two came while playing for Arsenal.
    [*=left]Welbeck is also one short of 50 career league goals, 47 of which came in the Premier League.

Graham Potter's Man Utd Press Conference

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann

256x256bb.jpg

Last edited:

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
In the past I would have expected only a defeat but today I believe we can get something. Our form away is better and they are definitely inconsistent. I know that at their best they can trounce anybody, but will they?

Still 12 hours to kick off , (sigh) but I will spend Sunday in hope of at least one point .

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
Tricky one for Ole following the international break. They have their Europa 1/4 Final Thurs, followed by Spurs next Sunday. He’s got plenty of players with km in the legs being with their countries.

Jeep

Aug 1, 2003
Last time out Moder scored against England and Trossard scored a couple. Our players score goals for fun. Looking forward to this one.

wunt be druv

Oh bugger..!
Jun 17, 2011
In my own strange world
I am looking forward to this one, logically we should lose, but football isn't always like that, if we can perform like we did at Liverpool and to a lesser extent Citeh, there is hope to come away from this one with at least a point, we owe United one from the debacle at the Amex. Fingers crossed for three points!

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
attachment.php
attachment.php

Man Utd v Albion

PREMIER LEAGUE

Venue: Old Trafford
Date: Sunday 4th April 2021
Kick-off: 19:30 BST
Referee: The Complete And Utter Shyster
Assistants: Darren Cann, Daniel Robathan
Fourth Official: Chris Kavanagh
VAR: Peter Bankes
Additional VAR: Matthew Wilkes

TEAM NEWS

Manchester United could have Marcus Rashford and Mason Greenwood available again after the pair joined in with training on Friday.

However, both Anthony Martial and Victor Lindelof could miss out because of respective knee and back problems.

Brighton remain without Adam Webster, who is recovering from an ankle injury.

Forward Aaron Connolly returned for the Republic of Ireland over the international period but is a doubt again due to a bruised foot.

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

• [*=left]Manchester United have won five successive meetings, scoring three goals in each of the last four.
    [*=left]Brighton have never won at Old Trafford in 12 visits (D2, L10).
Man Utd

• [*=left]Manchester United are looking to keep five consecutive Premier League clean sheets for the first time since August 2017.
    [*=left]All four of United's Premier League defeats this season have come at Old Trafford.
    [*=left]Bruno Fernandes has been involved in four of United's six goals against Brighton in his two league matches against them, scoring three and setting up one.
    [*=left]Fernandes has scored seven winning goals in the Premier League this season, more than any other player. The last player to score more in a season for United was Wayne Rooney, with nine in 2011-12.
Albion

• [*=left]Brighton could win three consecutive Premier League games for the first time since October 2018.
    [*=left]The Seagulls are looking to become the first team since Aston Villa and Chelsea in 2009-10 to win away at both Liverpool and Manchester United in the same Premier League season.
    [*=left]Five of Brighton's seven league wins this season have come away from home.
    [*=left]Danny Welbeck could become the first former Manchester United player to score three Premier League goals against them after leaving the club. His previous two came while playing for Arsenal.
    [*=left]Welbeck is also one short of 50 career league goals, 47 of which came in the Premier League.

Graham Potter's Man Utd Press Conference

Looking forward to seeing plenty of Brucie.
a Brucie bonus, if you will.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
So excited

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
BT Sport tonight right? Does anyone know if you can pause live BT, and unpause about 30 mins later without accidentally discovering the score? Timing isn’t good for me tonight with little one’s bedtime.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here