Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] "Vaccine-status Certifications" may be required to attend sporting events

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
"Prime Minister Boris Johnson will on Monday announce trials for the controversial coronavirus vaccine passports at sports events, festivals and nightclubs - but they will not be required at pubs.

The first of nine events to trial the new passports will be at Liverpool’s Hot Water Comedy Club on April 16.

The passport pilot in Liverpool will be followed by the World Snooker Championship at Sheffield’s Crucible Theatre a day later.

Next will be the Leicester City v Southampton FA Cup semi-final at Wembley on April 18. The trial will end with the FA Cup Final on May 15, with 20,000 fans."

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/polit...96.463780987.1617485166-1698394591.1617485166

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Does that mean first vaccine? Also doesn’t say how you’d get one for a negative test or how that would work. Bit unfair on those who haven’t been offered vaccine yet tbh.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Does that mean first vaccine? Also doesn’t say how you’d get one for a negative test or how that would work. Bit unfair on those who haven’t been offered vaccine yet tbh.

Like, err, the vast majority of festival goers and nightclubbers ?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Sky piece > https://news.sky.com/story/dates-re...nd-traffic-light-system-for-holidays-12265266

Though Mr Johnson rejects the term "vaccine passports", on the Bank Holiday he will announce a system for "COVID-status certification" which could allow people to return to top-level sport, theatres and other public events.

He will say that over the coming months a system will be developed which will take into account three factors: vaccination, a recent negative test, or natural immunity determined on the basis of a positive test taken in the previous six months.

But for the rest it will be a smartphone app or paper certificate. The government says the NHS is working on providing individuals with a means to demonstrate their COVID status through digital and non-digital routes.​

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
But for the rest it will be a smartphone app or paper certificate. The government says the NHS is working on providing individuals with a means to demonstrate their COVID status through digital and non-digital routes.[/indent]

This has been in place for a while. If you have either the myGP or Patientaccess app, then it will show your vaccination status. My jabs appeared on both apps within a day of having them.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Makes me feel happy and uncomfortable in equal measure.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Not a fan of these vaccine passport things.

When we get to the stage that a high percentage are vaccinated then the R-rate will be on the floor anyway and the vax-passports of little further use.

Still, if it allows a few chums to make some money out of the current chumocracy then it'll probably be rail roaded through and we'll have to like it or lump it.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Don’t quite see the point. By the time it’s in place, it’s use will be negligible. A huge outlay for something unlikely to be worth using for more than 2-3 months.

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
Not a fan of these vaccine passport things.

When we get to the stage that a high percentage are vaccinated then the R-rate will be on the floor anyway and the vax-passports of little further use.

Still, if it allows a few chums to make some money out of the current chumocracy then it'll probably be rail roaded through and we'll have to like it or lump it.

It makes me uncomfortable too, but I think this is the point. Naturally, there is going to be a correlation between those least likely to become seriously ill with Covid and those least likely to volunteer to receive the vaccine. If you’re not at risk from Covid, why take the perceived risk peddled by social media of some nascent vaccine?

But if that particular demographic shuns vaccination in sufficient numbers, there is a risk our efforts are fundamentally undermined. Forcing people to have the vaccine, directly or indirectly, makes me uncomfortable. But then so does the concept of people refusing a perfectly good vaccine due to nonsense posted on Facebook.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
"Vaccine-status Certifications" may be required to attend sporting events

"Prime Minister Boris Johnson will on Monday announce trials for the controversial coronavirus vaccine passports at sports events, festivals and nightclubs - but they will not be required at pubs."

No surprise that pubs have been excluded, I can imagine the phone call to Boris from his libertarian-nut father ranting and screeching about Whitty shoving any pub access passport firmly up his Harris.

However, I think this is all very positive from the government as long as there is a sunset provision in any regulation passed. It’s a shame pubs and restaurants won’t be made to accept the same temporary measures whilst we carefully navigate ourselves out of lockdown avoiding the critical iceberg of a 3rd wave. I’ll certainly be drinking and eating al fresco in any venue for the time being but hopefully I’ll be jabbed up in time to get to the Amex for next season and attend some outdoor music events.

May 5, 2020
Sussex
I'm 100 percent against this scheme,whatever they choose to call it.
Completely taking the piss out of us by doing the first trial in a comedy club and the second at the crucible and I'm sure Boris joked with Blair And netenyahu about how he will soon have the british public snookered,yeah very funny Boris I'm sure.
The goal of these passports is clear.
1.force everyone into having the vaccine.
2.bring in an electronic ID card by stealth.
3.pave the way for the forced vaccination of children in the winter.
4.ensure pharmaceutical companies can maximise their profits for years via vaccines and boosters.
This won't stop at stadiums and large venues,as with masks they will do a bit at a time until it encompasses all areas of our lives.
Two comments by members of the cabinet stick in my mind one from Boris recently Where he said in a meeting something along the lines of the development of the vaccine was driven by "greed and capatilism"which is proof enough for me that one of the aims of these passports is to get the pharmaceutical companies"product" into as many people as possible whether it's needed or not.
This will include children and Eventually pets to maximise sales and profits.
The other phrase was used by Gavin Williamson when he was chief whip at a party conference.
He said something along the lines of ,people ask me how I get people to tow the party line,is it carrot or stick method,to which I reply,I'm not a fan of using the stick but it's amazing what can be
Achieved with a sharpened carrot.
That is how they operate,with sharpened carrots,and that is exactly what these passports are.

Please note,these are just my opinions as a member of the public and I am not in politics, journalism or medicine.its just my opinions.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I'm 100 percent against this scheme,whatever they choose to call it.
Completely taking the piss out of us by doing the first trial in a comedy club and the second at the crucible and I'm sure Boris joked with Blair And netenyahu about how he will soon have the british public snookered,yeah very funny Boris I'm sure.
The goal of these passports is clear.
1.force everyone into having the vaccine.
2.bring in an electronic ID card by stealth.
3.pave the way for the forced vaccination of children in the winter.
4.ensure pharmaceutical companies can maximise their profits for years via vaccines and boosters.
This won't stop at stadiums and large venues,as with masks they will do a bit at a time until it encompasses all areas of our lives.
Two comments by members of the cabinet stick in my mind one from Boris recently Where he said in a meeting something along the lines of the development of the vaccine was driven by "greed and capatilism"which is proof enough for me that one of the aims of these passports is to get the pharmaceutical companies"product" into as many people as possible whether it's needed or not.
This will include children and Eventually pets to maximise sales and profits.
The other phrase was used by Gavin Williamson when he was chief whip at a party conference.
He said something along the lines of ,people ask me how I get people to tow the party line,is it carrot or stick method,to which I reply,I'm not a fan of using the stick but it's amazing what can be
Achieved with a sharpened carrot.
That is how they operate,with sharpened carrots,and that is exactly what these passports are.

Please note,these are just my opinions as a member of the public and I am not in politics, journalism or medicine.its just my opinions.

I'd be amazed if IDs cards were introduced in any shape or form in this country. They've been tried in the face of terrorism and that failed.

It's one of the few things that binds the country together. We don't want to show "our papers" (except at the airport) and we are still very very good at queuing.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Does this whole scheme then not fly in the face of all of that though?

Just like the New Labour IDs card did, which is my point. If you remember back, the small state personal freedom element of the Conservative party hated such an idea.

It does highlight how complex this current regime is ideologically and like New Labour it is somewhat a marriage of convenience.

Last edited:

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
There must be some provision for young adults who have not yet been vaccinated. I am sure they will do so.
It seems a good idea to me. If it allows businesses and football to reopen and prevents a third wave, that has to be good.

I do not see what is wrong with an ID card anyway, although that is not what this is..
Is it not inconvenient having to provide ID at the moment? You want to collect a parcel from Royal Mail , because you were out. They ask for ID . When I was assessing loan and mortgage applications we spent hours checking ID submissions. All that could be eliminated with one single card .
Others may be more suspicious of Government but I see no harm in it

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here