Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] L'Equipe: are Brighton the unluckiest team in Europe?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
There's nothing much that an Albion fan wouldn't know. What it is do is look at other leagues across Europe and finds that we're the team with the biggest gap between xG and actual goals on the entire continent.
Oh, and there's a cliched reference to Harry Potter and his magic wand too.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Time for one of the great jokes of all time.

What do you call a Frenchman wearing sandals?

Phillipe Flop!

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Nothing new, no. We’ve all had our fill of xG discussions for a while now.

But it is good to see our club name and brand being discussed in a premium platform like L’Eqipe. A sign of how far we’ve come.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Looks like the French like NSC style comments as well. Plus ça change

davidsvenson2
le 02 avril 2021 à 12h48
If you play the game, rather than unlucky one could say clumsy or ineffective maybe?

jikoer3g
le 02 avril 2021 à 14h31
It produces play but it takes a little stability. But Potter too often changes players from one game to another.

2pacdu938
le 02 avril 2021 à 12h34
I know some pseudo football connoisseurs who prefer that their team play well but that it goes down ... Let the coach die with his ideas...

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Looks like the French like NSC style comments as well. Plus ça change

davidsvenson2
le 02 avril 2021 à 12h48
If you play the game, rather than unlucky one could say clumsy or ineffective maybe?

jikoer3g
le 02 avril 2021 à 14h31
It produces play but it takes a little stability. But Potter too often changes players from one game to another.

2pacdu938
le 02 avril 2021 à 12h34
I know some pseudo football connoisseurs who prefer that their team play well but that it goes down ... Let the coach die with his ideas...

I quite like the aphoristic quality of hoodoo35's comment below. It could have easily been made by the French absurdist philosopher Albert Camus, himself once an aspiring goalkeeper, and who famously said, 'Everything I know most surely about morality and duty, I owe to football'.

hoodoo35
April 02, 2021 at 1:20 p.m.
No. Whoever has played football knows very well that the one who touches the post is unlucky, not clumsy

Last edited:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here