Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Sam Faro RIP

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
This evening I heard the very sad news that Sam Faro had passed away having contracted Covid-19 several weeks ago.

Sam was a big Brighton fan, North Stand season ticket holder, who travelled home and away, and was very well known as a kids football coach at Worthing Town.

The message from Worthing Town reads:

“Sam had volunteered with Worthing Town FC for over 18 years, as a player, a coach and all round supporter of anything and everything the club did.
He will be sorely missed but not forgotten.”

He was only 32. So very sad.

My thoughts are with all of his family and friends.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
That's grim. Younger than my son. RIP.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
RIP, awful news

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
My God that is sad news , RIP Sam.

bobby baxter

Jan 31, 2014
I was fortunate to meet Sam many times as he worked with my granddaughter in the Debenhams cafe in Brighton.

He really was a lovely guy and a huge Albion fan.

R I P Sam.

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
Awful news 32 is a tragic waste of young life , condolences to his family and friends

Jul 5, 2003
I have known Sam for a long time. He was one of life's nice guys. He was involved in grass roots football for all of his adult life and he was very good at it too. We will miss him at Worthing Town and I will miss bumping into him in the North Stand concourse. COVID-19 is really nasty and can hit anyone. Be safe! RIP Sam

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Wow. I did not know him but shocked with his young age. Were there underlying health conditions? RIP.

I think he contracted it at Christmas and had been struggling since, with long spells in hospital. Had severe asthma since he was a child I think. Very sad though

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I have known Sam for a long time. He was one of life's nice guys. He was involved in grass roots football for all of his adult life and he was very good at it too. We will miss him at Worthing Town and I will miss bumping into him in the North Stand concourse. COVID-19 is really nasty and can hit anyone. Be safe! RIP Sam

Very sorry for your loss. He sounds an amazing man you were all incredibly proud of and rightly so.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here