Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] MLB Season 2021 kicks off today

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
This season will be interesting to see how it's impacted by Covid. The first Mets game against the Nationals has been reconvened to this Saturday due to Covid.

The Mets have just agreed a $341 million 10 year deal with Francisco Lindor making him one of the highest paid players in MLB (until the next mega deal)

MLB have also introduced a new ball to reduce the record number of home runs

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
How are you feeling post-op, Lyndi?

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
How are you feeling post-op, Lyndi?

Not too bad thanks. On my second day now and just taking a few Ibuprofen for the aches, first day post op was not as bad as I thought but that's probably because of the Oxycontine they dosed me up with. They seem more reluctant to hand out the opioids unless you really need them due to the ongoing addiction problem. They tell you to rest as much as possible for the first 3 to 4 days but also to walk about inside as much as you can. They said to reckon on 4 to 6 weeks to get back to normal

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Glad to hear it’s going well.

After mine I was sent home with a bumper pack of paracetamol plus a little stash of little red pills they told me were opioids and should only be taken if the pain got too bad.

Luckily I suffered hardly any discomfort and didn’t need any pain relief. However the opioids were a godsend when the kids were driving me mad. I just used to take one and go to bed. ****ing brilliant

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
77185BD5-F74A-453C-81B0-1FF6D514119A.png

Go phillies

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto
The Blue Jays take a 3-2 lead against the Yankees at the top of the 10th.

I know how this usually ends though...

EDIT: I was wrong. The Jays take it 3-2 :clap2:

Last edited:

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
The Blue Jays take a 3-2 lead against the Yankees at the top of the 10th.

I know how this usually ends though...

EDIT: I was wrong. The Jays take it 3-2 :clap2:

Always a pleasure to see the Yankees lose

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Baseball Season 2021

Enjoying Opening Day baseball fans?

I am obviously.

And fabulous to see even 20% capacity fans in the stands at Great American Ballpark for the opener. Not sure there will be that many left going in to the 9th.

Napier

Jan 27, 2009
Devon
Current world series champions losing to Colorado atm. Go Dodgers, sort yourselves out!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Twins 5-2 up at the Brewers, top of the 9th.

Naturally they blow it to 5-5 and here we are in the 10th. I am no longer watching. I'll check the result later, but I know how this ends.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
[MENTION=27447]Goldstone1976[/MENTION] - as you appear to be the only mod currently online, would you merge this thread with the other one ("Baseball Season 2021") also started this evening?

Thanks

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea

Naturally they blow it to 5-5 and here we are in the 10th. I am no longer watching. I'll check the result later, but I know how this ends.

This is the classic baseball, or indeed football fan.

In the football context, you're winning, you get pulled back in to extra time, and then you lose on penalties.

You really hope that when he wakes up in the morning and checks the scores, that he was wrong, and against all the odds the Minnesota Twins won.

But they didn't. They lost. He was right.

Its shit being a sports fan isn't it?

But it's only the first of a 162 game season, so all is not lost. Right?

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Current world series champions losing to Colorado atm. Go Dodgers, sort yourselves out!

Crazy stuff in that game - with a man on base, Cody Bellinger hit a home run.

Except, thanks to the inept red gnome, it counts only as an RBI single and Bellinger is ruled out! Hilarious!

[TWEET]1377757679649755139[/TWEET]

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
American Baseball is like girls rounders with a helmet.

Tried watching it once. Zzzzzzzz

But good luck to whoever you support.

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014

Josh Hader isn't the man you want to face in the tenth. 11 pitches, 9 strikes, 3 strikeouts. 100 mph on the inside top corner - pick that one out!

Go Brewers!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
This is the classic baseball, or indeed football fan.

In the football context, you're winning, you get pulled back in to extra time, and then you lose on penalties.

You really hope that when he wakes up in the morning and checks the scores, that he was wrong, and against all the odds the Minnesota Twins won.

But they didn't. They lost. He was right.

Its shit being a sports fan isn't it?

But it's only the first of a 162 game season, so all is not lost. Right?

The offence looks great, but the bullpen...Duffy stunk, then Colomé came on and undid everything. EVERYTHING. FFS.

Josh Hader isn't the man you want to face in the tenth. 11 pitches, 9 strikes, 3 strikeouts. 100 mph on the inside top corner - pick that one out!

Go Brewers!

Shouldn't even have got that far. But as Barry said, it was the first of 162 (and as an aside, great to see circa 12k inside the stadium).

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto
American Baseball is like girls rounders with a helmet.

Tried watching it once. Zzzzzzzz

But good luck to whoever you support.

Thanks for your useful contribution to the thread.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here