Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Life’s not fair in Scottish Football

Doonhamer7

Jun 17, 2016
Having watched our 3 games over the week, how the f*** have we ended up with two world class left backs (arguably the best two in the world at present) at the same time - in the position (left back) that was always last to be picked when I was school. It’s just not fair we could have one of them as a striker or a creative midfielder or something.. ah well ce’st la vie. Slight jealousy when England have got what feels like a swarm of no10s to chose from

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If this is true why the feck haven’t we signed one of these Sweaties? I have no idea who you are alluding to, so maybe they are out of our league?

Can you help THPP?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
If this is true why the feck haven’t we signed one of these Sweaties? I have no idea who you are alluding to, so maybe they are out of our league?

Can you help [MENTION=14113]tom[/MENTION] hark preston park?
Andy Robertson I'm assuming is one of them - absolutely no chance of getting him! No idea who the other one is.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Having watched our 3 games over the week, how the f*** have we ended up with two world class left backs (arguably the best two in the world at present) at the same time - in the position (left back) that was always last to be picked when I was school. It’s just not fair we could have one of them as a striker or a creative midfielder or something.. ah well ce’st la vie. Slight jealousy when England have got what feels like a swarm of no10s to chose from

Speaking from long experience my friend, maybe best to just sweat(y) the small stuff. Like overcoming the potential pratfall of only being 1-0 up v the Faroe Islands at HT last night. Tho does seem a tad unfair that we were made to play ALL the Faroe Islands at the same time. One would have been quite enough

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country

I thought Alphonso Davies was Canadian ???

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Several number 10s AND a plethora of right backs

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Now young Mac Allister would be a better attacking player than any from Scotchland currently and would fill that No.10 role perfectly. But could he be persuaded?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Now young Mac Allister would be a better attacking player than any from Scotchland currently and would fill that No.10 role perfectly. But could he be persuaded?

I don't know why they keep ignoring him.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo

Supposing it were possible which England player would you swap for Robertson?

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Misread this thread , thought it was life’s not fair in Scotland . Was going to say , I’m sure the weather will improve !

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
in the position (left back) that was always last to be picked when I was school.

Funnily enough, I was thinking about this the other day. It's true: if there was a weak player in the team, put him at LB but it's something I understand. If you have a weakness down the left, then it's easy for a right winger to exploit this and get behind the defence.

I reckon the left back is one of the most important positions on the field. (this point of view has nothing to do with the fact that I played left back for several years - after playing as a right winger for a few years). :lolol::lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here