Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Maundy Thursday

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Always a special day on the calendar, we've got Keith and Yvonne coming over for socially distanced drinks in the olive garden later to celebrate.

However you are celebrating I hope you have a fantastic day and remember Jesus's words on this day many years ago:

"Love one another as I have loved you."

:O

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Always a special day on the calendar, we've got Keith and Yvonne coming over for socially distanced drinks in the olive garden later to celebrate.

However you are celebrating I hope you have a fantastic day and remember Jesus's words on this day many years ago:

:O

will you be washing their feet ?

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Is the Queen able to dish out the Maundy money in a Covid-safe way?
tenor.gif

m@goo

Feb 20, 2020
Yvonne isn't a name you hear any more is it. Not even as an ironic name for a pet.

Gun shot

Ready to be fired
Oct 3, 2020
In a holster
I always enjoy seeing Her Majesty doing her duties with the Maundy money on the news. She is a magnificent lady and we are so lucky to have her. It's not been an easy year for her so far with Prince Phillip ill for nearly a month in hospital and the Harry/Meghan interview that was potentially damaging.

We're proud of you, ma'am. :clap2:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I always enjoy seeing Her Majesty doing her duties with the Maundy money on the news. :

I've seen Brenda dish out the dosh in real life. Many years ago, an ex and I were visiting Salisbury cathedral on Maundy Thursday and there's a bit of a commotion at the front of the altar - next thing we know, Her Maj is strolling through the place. You'd have thought they'd have cleared the place of tourists but the area was cordoned off so we could see from the back.

It was very unexpected and I suspect that these days, no-one who's not part of the ceremony would be let anywhere near the place,

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
I always enjoy seeing Her Majesty doing her duties with the Maundy money on the news. She is a magnificent lady and we are so lucky to have her. It's not been an easy year for her so far with Prince Phillip ill for nearly a month in hospital and the Harry/Meghan interview that was potentially damaging.

We're proud of you, ma'am. :clap2:

Here here. We still have a small picture of her in our dining room at home and a big A3 portrait at work in the parade room.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
I've seen Brenda dish out the dosh in real life. Many years ago, an ex and I were visiting Salisbury cathedral on Maundy Thursday and there's a bit of a commotion at the front of the altar - next thing we know, Her Maj is strolling through the place. You'd have thought they'd have cleared the place of tourists but the area was cordoned off so we could see from the back.

It was very unexpected and I suspect that these days, no-one who's not part of the ceremony would be let anywhere near the place,

You mean, the Salisbury Cathedral famous for it's clock and 123m spire? I'm surprised you didn't go back to see it again the next day as seems to be the protocol.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Remember Jesus's words on this day many years ago:

So you definitively pinned down the actual day to this date 1st April, have you ?
Because as far as I am aware Easter changes every bloody year...

Further proof Jesus was a anarchist to the regime in his time, not Gods Son..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here