Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
agents.jpg

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Pretty astonished at how low Villa’s amount is considering the WEDGE they’ve spent.

Also never fails to amaze how much people charge the United and Citehs of this world. They get properly MUGGED off so often.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
For once it is good to see us at the bottom end of the table!

I make it 21 new signings in this period and at least 5 new contracts (Dunk, White, Connolly, Lamptey, Sanchez).

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
It troubles me deeply that that the text in the first column is Top align and the text in the second column is Bottom align.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Agents Fees will abate to a certain extent in the Future. HMRC have won a Case in the Courts recently in terms of Tax Treatment of such payments.

Well they didn't actually win per say but the Footballer Challenging the way HMRC propose to treat them for tax purposes in the future, shit his pants and backed out of an appeals case at Tribunal, so in effect HMRC won their argument. And now players are gonna get taxed on these now as well as the Agent.

So when that starts to filter down in the coming years it will drive the level of the payments down.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
You've summed up my experience with Purplebricks right there.

You pay peanuts you get monkeys . Always use a high quality independent estate agent . People think they can save a few quid with these online firms but end up losing money either because they pay a fee and it doesn’t sell or the price they get it less than they would have got had they used a decent agent with a big database of registered buyers . In my experience avoid the big chain agents ie fox and sons , cubit and west , king and chasemore etc , for 2 main reasons , firstly they are more interested in selling mortgages as that is their main money earner and secondly they usually have a lot of inexperienced staff because they don’t pay well .

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
It troubles me deeply that that the text in the first column is Top align and the text in the second column is Bottom align.

Do you know Bry, I kept looking at it and couldn’t fathom out what it was but I still became quite agitated.
I’ll be drawn back to it no doubt like Madam Medusa.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Leeches sucking millions out of the game alongside the astronomical player wages whilst the ordinary fan in the street is priced out of the game.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
You pay peanuts you get monkeys.

Sadly it appears that in football these days you have to pay the agents to get monkeys (and no, that isn't a reference to the race or ethnicity of the players; in this instance 'monkey' refers to the commodity being sold by the agents, as in the original phrase, 'pay peanuts get monkeys').

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Wolves - 12.6 million on agents, but everyone they buy is Portuguese and goes through Jorge Mendes.

That guy has personal net worth of $100 million, and generates that amount of income annually for his company Gestifute.

These superagents are earning a wedge right up there with Guardiola, Klopp and Mourinho.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here