Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-56578445

Nelson_Ha-Ha.jpg

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Always looked overpriced......very optimistic. Add to that the bad press re driver wages, and Amazon offloading $90m worth as soon as the market opened it’s not a huge surprise........

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Always looked overpriced......very optimistic. Add to that the bad press re driver wages, and Amazon offloading $90m worth as soon as the market opened it’s not a huge surprise........

It's a pathetic non-business model. Gig economy based on blokes (and it's ALWAYS blokes) on bikes, especially in super-hilly places like B&H. Plus your meal will probably have been put together in some super secret kitchen on an industrial estate somewhere. Oh, and it will more likely than not, arrive both late and lukewarm.

Just say no, kidz. Shop local and in person

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I think that deliveroo and the like will be around for a while, as there will always be a subset who want KFC for dinner every day.

But cooking and healthy eating is on the rise, not the wane. And people are likely to want to eat socially in restaurants and pubs in the years to come.

Increasingly they are going to have to treat their staff as employees and surely the advertising budgets they have are unsustainable. At some point, if they do ever make a profit, there might be governments who have the temerity to ask them to pay tax on them (ok, that one is unlikely)

Cities are also going to increasingly clamp down on town centre traffic as well so it will continue to be bikes.

This lockdown year will represent a high watermark for this business model. As soon as the first big unicorn company goes, others will follow. I'd be dumping shares if I had them

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
It's a pathetic non-business model. Gig economy based on blokes (and it's ALWAYS blokes) on bikes, especially in super-hilly places like B&H. Plus your meal will probably have been put together in some super secret kitchen on an industrial estate somewhere. Oh, and it will more likely than not, arrive both late and lukewarm.

Just say no, kidz. Shop local and in person

......ain't going to happen.......people are inherently lazy, so there will always be a market for delivered ready-meals. Better to use Deliveroo than be one of those total bellends that are always blocking up one of our local roundabouts in the Maccy D's drive-thru queue :tosser:

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
The bike fast food industry is feckin insane in Dubai.

Huge swathes of the population don’t cook, at all, and just order in deliveries several times a day, right down to a single bloody Costa coffee.

And because labour is so cheap, companies can get away with paying drivers the equivalent of about 3p a year.

I idly looked over my balcony the other day, and decided to take a photo and then count how many delivery bikes I could see in one shot.

And that’s not unusual.

Having said that, I still don’t get how this will ever be a significantly profitable business model. The margins are pathetic, and instantly eroded by the desperate need to market yourself above the other 20 companies doing exactly the same thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here