Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Bozza's Bargains

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Just posting links to reasonable looking deals and offers I stumble across. Feel free to ignore.

Amazon deal of the day - Samsung Galaxy Buds+ £79.99 from £159.99. Best price at other reputable stores seems to be £119.99 >>> https://amzn.to/3u9h09r

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Just posting links to reasonable looking deals and offers I stumble across. Feel free to ignore.

Amazon deal of the day - Samsung Galaxy Buds+ £79.99 from £159.99. Best price at other reputable stores seems to be £119.99 >>> https://amzn.to/3u9h09r

Interesting.....been thinking about getting a pair of wireless headphones for a while.

As an iOS user are these worth entertaining?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Interesting.....been thinking about getting a pair of wireless headphones for a while.

As an iOS user are these worth entertaining?

I've no idea on that, I'm afraid.

I'm currently using a pair of JBLs - https://amzn.to/3uayhPw - that I picked up around Black Friday on a reduction at an o2 Shop of all places. I think I paid £30 for them. They're decent enough.

I loved my AirPods but I was pretty hard on them and one stopped charging and I couldn't justify spending the same again at the time. They do seem to be regularly on offer though, at just over £100, and if I needed a pair right now I'd probably be looking there, although Apple way well be releasing some new stuff soon - it's that time of year.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
I've no idea on that, I'm afraid.

I'm currently using a pair of JBLs - https://amzn.to/3uayhPw - that I picked up around Black Friday on a reduction at an o2 Shop of all places. I think I paid £30 for them. They're decent enough.

I loved my AirPods but I was pretty hard on them and one stopped charging and I couldn't justify spending the same again at the time. They do seem to be regularly on offer though, at just over £100, and if I needed a pair right now I'd probably be looking there, although Apple way well be releasing some new stuff soon - it's that time of year.

Can't really justify spending any sort of money on them at the moment as literally have no use for them however if/when I go back into an office they would be used probably every day.

Never got on with the "free" apple headphones and the airpods look just like wireless versions of the ones I've never got on with. The airpod pros do look good, but come with an apple price tag.

At £80 though I thinking it's probably worth a punt.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
4zzdhf7b5xlyfhbz.jpg

Liking this as a regular thread.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
At a few months short of my retirement age, I don't understand people who spend £50 to £100 or more on a pair of wireless ear phones.
Have you all got too much money on here? Good god man, I can get at least 10 McDonalds or 15 pints or 70 of Mars Bars with that money.

At a few months short of my retirement age, I don't understand people who spend £50 to £100 or more on a pair of wireless ear phones.
Have you all got too much money on here? Good god man, I can get at least 10 McDonalds or 15 pints or 70 of Mars Bars with that money.

Bought "airpod" type thingies from the semi legendary Trago Mills in Cornwall and they work and sound fine - I do have very cheap ears though. Think they were £14.99.

Jul 7, 2003
Pretty sure I had a pair of these when I worked at Salvington Sports by Tesco Durrington (anyone remember that?!?) back in the day...

That was back when the little shops were built around the back of the original Tesco store. There was a separate Tesco home wares store out there as well as an electrical store (Lyle's?).

I did buy some football boots from the sports shop there but it didn't last that long as I recall.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
That was back when the little shops were built around the back of the original Tesco store. There was a separate Tesco home wares store out there as well as an electrical store (Lyle's?).

I did buy some football boots from the sports shop there but it didn't last that long as I recall.

Thet's the place - it was more down the side - there were a strip of shops - Salvington Sports (later became AllSports), a Lyle's electrical as you say, a big John Martins/Menzies newsagent type place and an estate agent at the car park end I think.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here