Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] George Floyd trial

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Your post didn't come across the way you now articulate it " H " . That's why I stated that it surprised me because your posts in these subjects are usually more in line with your " clarification " here now.

I will take that as a testimony to my satirical genius.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
You think George Floyd's death was a win?

Well when you're the type of person who puts a gun to a pregnant woman's stomach then society wins when you're snuffed out.

I'm sure that woman like many victims of violent crimes sleep easier knowing their attacker is no longer around.

That doesn't mean the cop won't go to jail though. He will.

Marlton and Hove Albion

Oct 11, 2018
Sarasota FL
There can be no other verdict than guilty surely?

If he walks, America burns?

When America burns, it is the poor neighborhoods and local businesses that suffer. Do you think ANYONE in the suburbs or large corporations are impacted?

Defund police = Poor people are robbed, raped, murdered. Burn it down = Poor people are robbed, raped, murdered. When this happens those with the means flee the inner cities and the cycle continues. Tax dollars leave and schools for poor people get worse.

You can find the cop guilty but it won't change anything. Justice served? Here are the facts - George Floyd was a felon, a violent offender who was high as a kite on a dose of fentanyl that would have killed 9/10 humans. He suffered from heart disease and tried to pass a counterfeit $20 bill - which is a crime. Has anyone seen the full video of cops trying to restrain him and put him in the squad car? I suggest before anyone passes judgement, they might want to view it.

I'd prefer the jury to decide guilt/innocence and then we'll see how it plays out. I expect the typical talking heads will inflame and be outraged - as that serves their virtue signaling, fund raising needs.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
When America burns, it is the poor neighborhoods and local businesses that suffer. Do you think ANYONE in the suburbs or large corporations are impacted?

Defund police = Poor people are robbed, raped, murdered. Burn it down = Poor people are robbed, raped, murdered. When this happens those with the means flee the inner cities and the cycle continues. Tax dollars leave and schools for poor people get worse.

You can find the cop guilty but it won't change anything. Justice served? Here are the facts - George Floyd was a felon, a violent offender who was high as a kite on a dose of fentanyl that would have killed 9/10 humans. He suffered from heart disease and tried to pass a counterfeit $20 bill - which is a crime. Has anyone seen the full video of cops trying to restrain him and put him in the squad car? I suggest before anyone passes judgement, they might want to view it.

I believe there are alternative methods of restraint that don't involve kneeling on someone's neck?

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Trial started again.

This Williams guy doesnt seem to be given his evidence but seems to be trying to manipulate what he thinks he should be saying

Checking notes , not answering basic questions

Marlton and Hove Albion

Oct 11, 2018
Sarasota FL
Agreed. Have you seen the full video? Not the one the media want you to focus on. There is no excuse, NONE, for kneeling on someone's neck like that. Despite the fact that Minneapolis police trained their officers to do it!!!!!! Watch the full video and then decide.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
the thread title is very misleading - this is the 'Derek Chauvin Trial', George Floyd was killed, he's the victim.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
the thread title is very misleading - this is the 'Derek Chauvin Trial', George Floyd was killed, he's the victim.

100% this. Until I clicked on the thread I’d thought it was going to be about Sainsbury’s 3 for 2 offer on their new Pedantic Pepperoni Pizza range.

Maybe some would prefer Floyd’s name up as opposed to Chauvin. #Just Sayin’ Like

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Chauvin is probably wearing a mask for more reasons than covid 19. I would like to see what notes he is writing on his pad though.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

You mean the full nine minute video referred to in this post:

I watched the opening statements from the Prosecution and Defence this afternoon. The prosecution showed the entire 9 and a half minutes filmed by a bystander as Chauvin knelt on his neck. I'd never seen it outside of the news coverage, which was obviously sanitised, and it was utterly sickening. The bystanders and others were imploring Chauvin to step back and let him breathe. Floyd was begging for several minutes, until after about 5 minutes he gradually became unresponsive, then stopped speaking and moving. Chauvin did not release his hold until an ambulance was there and they lifted his lifeless body onto a stretcher. He was already cuffed, he posed no threat, its inexplicable that Chauvin saw fit to kneel on his back and neck for nearly 10 minutes, especially after he'd gone spark out underneath him.

The Prosecution is saying his death was caused by asphyxiation. The Defence claim Floyd died of a cardiac arrest, brought on by an existing condition and substances in his bloodstream.

IMO the video evidence is absolutely damning, and this cop is going down. If somehow he doesn't - oh boy, is this going to kick off.

Well when you're the type of person who puts a gun to a pregnant woman's stomach then society wins when you're snuffed out.

I'm sure that woman like many victims of violent crimes sleep easier knowing their attacker is no longer around.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/is-this-really-aracely-henriquez/

"While Floyd was indeed arrested for his involvement in a home robbery in 2007 (we conducted a detailed analysis of Floyd’s criminal record, including the robbery from 2007, in this article [link below]), no evidence suggests that Henriquez was pregnant, or that Floyd threatened to kill her baby. "

https://www.snopes.com/news/2020/06/12/george-floyd-criminal-record/

"no evidence suggests a woman involved in the 2007 charge was pregnant; it’s an exaggeration of toxicology results to claim Floyd “was high on meth” when he was choked by a cop, and there’s no proof that Floyd was “getting ready to drive a car” before his fatal encounter with police other than the fact that officers say they approached him as he sat in the driver’s seat of a vehicle."

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
You mean the full nine minute video referred to in this post:

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/is-this-really-aracely-henriquez/

"While Floyd was indeed arrested for his involvement in a home robbery in 2007 (we conducted a detailed analysis of Floyd’s criminal record, including the robbery from 2007, in this article [link below]), no evidence suggests that Henriquez was pregnant, or that Floyd threatened to kill her baby. "

https://www.snopes.com/news/2020/06/12/george-floyd-criminal-record/

"no evidence suggests a woman involved in the 2007 charge was pregnant; it’s an exaggeration of toxicology results to claim Floyd “was high on meth” when he was choked by a cop, and there’s no proof that Floyd was “getting ready to drive a car” before his fatal encounter with police other than the fact that officers say they approached him as he sat in the driver’s seat of a vehicle."

Good to see that cleared up.

But my original post is upheld.

Here we are discussing the character of the deceased.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here