Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] George Floyd trial

bha100

Aug 25, 2011
I generally condemn the trigger happy use of lethal force by US police in these incidents.

But I have to agree with you. The other women was likely milliseconds away from an horrific knife attack. The police may well have saved her life. There was simply no time for anything else eg a risky shot to the legs would not have stopped the momentum of the slashing.

This incident bears no relation to the George Floyd murder imo.

The media don't help things by not reporting the context of what actually happened, on CH4 news last night all they said was, black girl of 16 shot by police officer, where if they had done some proper research they could of said, black girl in pink was saved by cop from being possibly fatally stabbed to death

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The media don't help things by not reporting the context of what actually happened, on CH4 news last night all they said was, black girl of 16 shot by police officer, where if they had done some proper research they could of said, black girl in pink was saved by cop from being possibly fatally stabbed to death

Another reason for me to avoid C4 news.

I try to avoid lopsided political coverage, a pushy narrative, full stop. C4 News are awful.

Similarly, GB News will be swerved by me if the predicted bias pans out.

Echo chambers for blinkered disciples ...... are boring.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
I do find all the hysteria about this case has been blown out of proportion.
1) There was no racist language used to indicate that this was the reason why Floyd was assaulted.
2) The police tried to get the suspect in the car which he resisted with as much force as he could. Yes he said he was claustrophobic, but was happy to be in a car when he was stopped at the scene.
3) His non compliance was possibly a result of drugs that was in his system.
Not defending what happened after that, any rough restraining should have ended as soon as possible maybe 30 seconds rather than nearly 10 minutes.

Just to add that this incident could have happened to anyone of any race in America, and probably has, but mobile phones are a new weapon for justice in recent times.

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Just seen part of the summing up by the defence lawyer Eric Nelson.

I think he's generally done as well as he could in the face of the devastating video evidence, and the compelling testimonies from witnesses and experts on the stand. But any chance he had of sowing some doubt into the minds of the jurors COMPLETELY left the room when, in saying in order to convict, all reasonable doubt must be eliminated leaving only unreasonable doubt - 'fanciful':

"The highest standard in this country is proof beyond a reasonable doubt. Proof beyond a reasonable doubt. Essentially, what the state has to convince you is that the evidence in this case completely eliminates any reasonable doubt. Or in other words, leaving only unreasonable doubt. Capricious fanciful, capricious doubt. Capricious means unpredictable. Fanciful, space aliens flew in, inhabited the body of Derek Chauvin and caused this death. That’s fanciful. Beyond the reasonable doubt, it is the highest standard in the law. It doesn’t mean beyond all possibility of doubt, because I suppose space aliens may have been inhabiting his body, but that’s obviously fanciful and capricious."

I had to watch it 3 times to believe it

[yt]66OE6WCn3ss[/yt]

I mean WTF ?
If he was defending me, I'd have been up on an additional attempted murder charge soon after that.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here