Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] George Floyd trial

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
To be fair Harry, if you were typing your statement with a sarcastic voice in your head it didn't convey that nuance on here. It simply sounded like the words of a Daily Mail reading gammon, which I assume you're not.

Exacty. And it's easy to say after someone calls you out that it was supposed to be an ironic joke...which as your post says, it didn't read like that.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Muddying the waters. It’s a crazy nation, OJ Simpson walked after murdering his wife, with a top team of flamboyant lawyers wooing the jury and throwing nonsensical grenades into the raft of evidence.

OJ got off because some, if not all of the black jurors, wanted revenge on the white establishment and police. Nothing to do with the evidence, although the prosecution made a major mistake that gave them cover for their acquittal decision; the glove.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Whatever the officer is guilty of - it’s not second degree murder and I’m stunned they are charging him with that, if he gets found guilty of that it will be taken to the highest courts possible on appeal.

I don’t see how a fair trial is possible with this much media hysteria over the issue, the jury and judge know if he were found not guilty there will be riots and mobs on the streets and as such - regardless of his guilt, how can this ever be a ‘fair’ trial? When those deciding his fate know the outcome if he were found not guilty?

Just to clarify I’m not saying he’s not guilty, I believe he is guilty of manslaughter, and I find it hard to believe any court could convict of any murder charge.

Second degree murder is unintentional murder in layman's terms. With all the people, both police and onlookers, telling him regularly for several minutes to get off his neck because he was killing him it seems a fairly clear case of murder to me.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Exacty. And it's easy to say after someone calls you out that it was supposed to be an ironic joke...which as your post says, it didn't read like that.

You have to be joking. It was as clear as day to me that he was being ironic, firstly, because I know the poster and. secondly, because of his next post, which, if clarity on his view was needed, provided it in spades.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
I wonder if the defence team will tear into her in time honoured fashion, questioning her background, memory, brushes with the law, prior views on the police?

Hopefully irrelevant, the videos are a matter of fact.

Yeah, totally irrelevant. She was only on the stand to establish the authenticity of her videos, which validate the authenticity of the surveillance footage. That's why they showed the videos contemporaneously on the screen.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Surely he was just demonstrating what may/ will most likely be said by the defence? Nothing to see here
Free the Harry one

I can’t stand tackle but even I know he was being ironic [emoji2357]
Yes, you're both absolutely right - but I'm not going to join in the 'free Harry one' movement today. A while ago I posted a similarly sarcastic/ironic post on NSC - and got dog's abuse for it, just like Harry did on this one, from several posters - including one HWT!
What goes round comes around .............
:) :wink:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Surely he was just demonstrating what may/ will most likely be said by the defence? Nothing to see here
Free the Harry one

Indeed. FFS :facepalm: :thumbsup:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Wow - Not the sort of post I would have expected from someone like you " H ". Others maybe but not you.

It's only a matter of time before everyone on this earth succumbs to some ailment or another. Everyone is entitled to their own lifestyle choices and that includes drug users. No one can be judge and jury over someone's lifestyle choices.

The police should be the " protectorate " of all the people. Not just those who have a lovely 2.5 children white family who go to church on Sunday and make charitable donations every year.

The police are the " Guardians " of the people. Not their " Executioners "

Sadly I think he will get found not guilty. You have Republican Senators in the US Senate only 2 weeks ago saying something along the lines of " We have a saying in Texas - Find an old oak tree, get a rope and hang em high "

That's Republican Lawmakers in 2021 who faced no consequences for that statement and that Senator had around 80% popularity when he was elected . So if that's the type of people voting in the US then I am under no illusions that at least one of those Jurors will find Chauvin , " Not Guilty " because he only needs one.

Come on. My post was a parody of the views of others who have trotted out excuses, labeling the dead man a 'wrongun' etc.

Amazing how some people fail to recognise a murder when the victim has a criminal past. That's the same mentality that labeled one of the yorkshire ripper's victims, who happened not to be a prostitute, an 'innocent' victim. I personally find it sickening but unsurprising that a certain type think 'black man, drugs, deserved what he got, nothing to see here'.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Yes, you're both absolutely right - but I'm not going to join in the 'free Harry one' movement today. A while ago I posted a similarly sarcastic/ironic post on NSC - and got dog's abuse for it, just like Harry did on this one, from several posters - including one HWT!

:lolol: :bowdown:

(I do hope I had the good grace to apologise)

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
The court case is to hear all the facts rather than just pass judgement on a few videos.

Im sure they will arrive at the correct decision and justice will be served

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016

Satire has always been a fine line to tread. Good satire should probably have a few people falling for it, some people championed Alf Garnett for what he was not what he was sending up - Johnny Speight wrote AG to make a mockery of ridiculous views and beliefs, more fool the people who related to him.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

If I have misunderstood your humour, I apologise. I assumed your relentless Potteroutery and other ludicrous posts were sincere. You are truly a comedy great, and I salute you.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Sadly I think he will get found not guilty. You have Republican Senators in the US Senate only 2 weeks ago saying something along the lines of " We have a saying in Texas - Find an old oak tree, get a rope and hang em high "

Which really just exposed that senator as an idiot. It isn't an old saying in Texas, it's a line from a Toby Keith song. Toby Keith is from Oklahoma.

[tweet]1372577505681547268[/tweet]

[tweet]1372579224511524869[/tweet]

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
It goes beyond manslaughter IMO.

"Second-degree murder is defined as murder that is not premeditated, or murder that is caused by the offender's reckless conduct that displays an obvious lack of concern for human life."

Yup. I reckon that about covers it.

That.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Interesting one , I knew he was an absolute wrongen but wasn't aware of the heart condition or that he had swallowed drugs.

Not sure they wuld be able to find it not guilty due to what will happen on the streets though

His background is irrelevant, in judging whether the officer’s actions were justifiable.
His heart condition is irrelevant.
His lifestyle choices are irrelevant.
The social impact of the verdict should be irrelevant.

Don’t fall into the trap, that the prosecution will inevitably set, for the easily-led and the prejudiced.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
His background is irrelevant, in judging whether the officer’s actions were justifiable.
His heart condition is irrelevant.
His lifestyle choices are irrelevant.
The social impact of the verdict should be irrelevant.

Don’t fall into the trap, that the prosecution will inevitably set, for the easily-led and the prejudiced.

yes agree

Heart condition could be relevant if they are saying he died from that but yes agree

Good to follow the court case as learning more than has been reported so far

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Come on. My post was a parody of the views of others who have trotted out excuses, labeling the dead man a 'wrongun' etc.

Amazing how some people fail to recognise a murder when the victim has a criminal past. That's the same mentality that labeled one of the yorkshire ripper's victims, who happened not to be a prostitute, an 'innocent' victim. I personally find it sickening but unsurprising that a certain type think 'black man, drugs, deserved what he got, nothing to see here'.

Your post didn't come across the way you now articulate it " H " . That's why I stated that it surprised me because your posts in these subjects are usually more in line with your " clarification " here now.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Christ almighty.

There are already the usual bellends on here showing their true selves.

Shame really because Easy 10 posted a brilliant summary early in the thread of the court case and how it will probably go. All downhill from there.

The thread's worked as fly paper to attract the barely veiled racists.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

I got the ironic/sarcastic gist of your original post the first time :thumbsup:

Regular NSC'ers should know by now your abhorance of racism and antipathy towards racists.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here