Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] George Floyd trial

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
As an aside, this age of the video phone with (almost) every one of us having a video camera in our pockets is an absolute gamechanger. Were it not for the video we see from the guy who records the whole thing, with his own "WTF are you DOING man ??" running commentary, this horrendous incident would likely never have seen the light of day. Its like a dashboard camcorder exposing exactly what happened.

I would expect the guy who filmed this is a witness to be called to the stand. His evidence is going to be a bumpy road for the defence, to say the least.

Unfortunately a bystanders camera didn't help Rodney King much did it.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Unfortunately a bystanders camera didn't help Rodney King much did it.

No you're right, it didn't. American 'justice' is utterly inconceivable at times.

All I would say is that if I was on this Floyd Jury, it would take one HELL of an argument to convince me that 'Officer' Chauvin was not directly responsible in causing that mans death.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
No you're right, it didn't. American 'justice' is utterly inconceivable at times.

All I would say is that if I was on this Floyd Jury, it would take one HELL of an argument to convince me that 'Officer' Chauvin was not directly responsible in causing that mans death.

You want to give our own justice system a try sometime. Been going on for years.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
Whatever the officer is guilty of - it’s not second degree murder and I’m stunned they are charging him with that, if he gets found guilty of that it will be taken to the highest courts possible on appeal.

I don’t see how a fair trial is possible with this much media hysteria over the issue, the jury and judge know if he were found not guilty there will be riots and mobs on the streets and as such - regardless of his guilt, how can this ever be a ‘fair’ trial? When those deciding his fate know the outcome if he were found not guilty?

Just to clarify I’m not saying he’s not guilty, I believe he is guilty of manslaughter, and I find it hard to believe any court could convict of any murder charge.

I think I see what you are saying here - that Chauvin did not intentionally try to kill George Floyd, and I suppose I'd agree with that. I hadn't considered that charging him of a 'lesser' crime would be the better approach, but I find myself now worrying that they'll have an easier time of defending against murder. :(

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Whatever the officer is guilty of - it’s not second degree murder and I’m stunned they are charging him with that, if he gets found guilty of that it will be taken to the highest courts possible on appeal.

I don’t see how a fair trial is possible with this much media hysteria over the issue, the jury and judge know if he were found not guilty there will be riots and mobs on the streets and as such - regardless of his guilt, how can this ever be a ‘fair’ trial? When those deciding his fate know the outcome if he were found not guilty?

Just to clarify I’m not saying he’s not guilty, I believe he is guilty of manslaughter, and I find it hard to believe any court could convict of any murder charge.

It goes beyond manslaughter IMO.

"Second-degree murder is defined as murder that is not premeditated, or murder that is caused by the offender's reckless conduct that displays an obvious lack of concern for human life."

Yup. I reckon that about covers it.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Come now. The man was ill, both physically and mentally. And he had a history of drug use. It was only a matter of time. It cannot be proven that the police action (which was arguably justified) had anything whasoever to do with the sad and tragic death.

Wow - Not the sort of post I would have expected from someone like you " H ". Others maybe but not you.

It's only a matter of time before everyone on this earth succumbs to some ailment or another. Everyone is entitled to their own lifestyle choices and that includes drug users. No one can be judge and jury over someone's lifestyle choices.

The police should be the " protectorate " of all the people. Not just those who have a lovely 2.5 children white family who go to church on Sunday and make charitable donations every year.

The police are the " Guardians " of the people. Not their " Executioners "

Sadly I think he will get found not guilty. You have Republican Senators in the US Senate only 2 weeks ago saying something along the lines of " We have a saying in Texas - Find an old oak tree, get a rope and hang em high "

That's Republican Lawmakers in 2021 who faced no consequences for that statement and that Senator had around 80% popularity when he was elected . So if that's the type of people voting in the US then I am under no illusions that at least one of those Jurors will find Chauvin , " Not Guilty " because he only needs one.

DavePage

Wow - Not the sort of post I would have expected from someone like you " H ". Others maybe but not you.

It's only a matter of time before everyone on this earth succumbs to some ailment or another. Everyone is entitled to their own lifestyle choices and that includes drug users. No one can be judge and jury over someone's lifestyle choices.

The police should be the " protectorate " of all the people. Not just those who have a lovely 2.5 children white family who go to church on Sunday and make charitable donations every year.

The police are the " Guardians " of the people. Not their " Executioners "

Sadly I think he will get found not guilty. You have Republican Senators in the US Senate only 2 weeks ago saying something along the lines of " We have a saying in Texas - Find an old oak tree, get a rope and hang em high "

That's Republican Lawmakers in 2021 who faced no consequences for that statement and that Senator had around 80% popularity when he was elected . So if that's the type of people voting in the US then I am under no illusions that at least one of those Jurors will find Chauvin , " Not Guilty " because he only needs one.

Surely he was just demonstrating what may/ will most likely be said by the defence? Nothing to see here
Free the Harry one

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

That's one of the most bizarre posts I have ever read on NSC.

What do you mean 'media hysteria'? The world saw a video of a man being slowly killed. Do you just expect the media to jog on?

What part of asphyxiating a man till he's dead is manslaughter, rather than murder? It isn't as if the man who did it wasn't trained in the technique.

When did a court ever decide on a verdict with consideration of the risk of triggering a riot part of the due process? In America, all-white juries have been sending black men to death row for decades without so much as blinking.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Interesting one , I knew he was an absolute wrongen but wasn't aware of the heart condition or that he had swallowed drugs.

Not sure they wuld be able to find it not guilty due to what will happen on the streets though

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Muddying the waters. It’s a crazy nation, OJ Simpson walked after murdering his wife, with a top team of flamboyant lawyers wooing the jury and throwing nonsensical grenades into the raft of evidence.

And if you’ve ever watched The Jinx, you’ll recall the case of Robert Durst.

Wealthy son of Manhattan real estate billionaires, got acquited of a murder charge even though he admitted chopping up the body into pieces in his apartment and then driving to the river and throwing it into the water in several bin bags.

Defence lawyers argued the initial cause of death couldn’t be proven to NOT be accidental however, therefore not guilty.

Thankfully he goes back on trial next month in a second murder case - just one of the three he’s undoubtedly responsible for.

The Jinx is well worth tracking down btw, features the ultimate gotcha moment that no other true crime series will ever come close to matching.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gun shot

Ready to be fired
Oct 3, 2020
In a holster
Christ almighty.

There are already the usual bellends on here showing their true selves.

Shame really because Easy 10 posted a brilliant summary early in the thread of the court case and how it will probably go. All downhill from there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here